53 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Thanks for the pointer, never heard of Jean Pain. Right now I aspire to nothing more than walls and a tiled roof.

I was at Ightham Mote a while back having a chat with the gardeners there. They were saying about the huge ammounts of compost they produce and the heat the piles generate. Half discussed harnessing that heat and it's something they've thought of too. Distance from piles to the main house is an issue...getting it across the moat etc!

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I was at Ightham Mote a while back having a chat with the gardeners there. They were saying about the huge ammounts of compost they produce and the heat the piles generate. Half discussed harnessing that heat and it's something they've thought of too. Distance from piles to the main house is an issue...getting it across the moat etc!

Suspect that the energy density is too low for the work involved.

Grow pineapples and bananas like the Victorians.

Edited by Ferdinand

A mate of mine works in the AD industry.

He works in $100,000,000 projects.

There was a couple of chancers based near Coombe Martin, with the help of an Irish middleman, that ripped off someone over at the other place for £50k.

Odd though as they had developed a fuel cell that never needed recharging. Just as well as one of them told me that OF never paid back its energy debt.