Carbon Air Filter

On 21/02/2018 at 09:18, MikeGrahamT21 said:

One thing I've never found out, is Ozone good or Bad? You hear both sides on the net

Ive used it on marine aquariums for over 10 years. I really like the smell and the water looks crystal clear. 

• 1 year later...

Since it's on topic, despite the big gap, thought I'd feed back that there are at least 2 companies in the MVHR business selling filter boxes that take carbon filters; Zehnder's NOx filter, and Blauberg's CleanBox (which also provides NOx filtering).

• Like 1

This Nuaire replacement ceiling terminal, with integral carbon filter, looks interesting, but is probably prohibitively expensive: https://www.nuaire.co.uk/residential/iaq-carbon-filter/iaq-valve

Looks like it will just replace a standard terminal fairly quickly and easily.  I wonder it there would be a way to be able to refill the carbon filter bit, without needing to buy expensive filters?

• 4 months later...

Just looking into this, as the local farmer next door is now putting chicken 'muck' in the field next door, which I don't really mind when outdoors at all, however I don't really want it in the house all summer as it just so happens the place he is putting it before spreading after harvest is inline with my build with the prevailing summer wind direction ! I will ask him if he has another location but failing that I've been looking into this as well. These could work as well https://www.futuregarden.co.uk/assassin-carbon-filter?opt=2781&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIluXY9Myz6gIVirTtCh2URQqcEAYYBCABEgIcePD_BwE# if I think put a DIY box around that and feed into the MVHR unit.  This might be a possible but its looks around 300m3/h max https://www.futuregarden.co.uk/assassin-carbon-filter?opt=2781&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIluXY9Myz6gIVirTtCh2URQqcEAYYBCABEgIcePD_BwE#

18 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Isn't that why people move to the countryside.  More in touch with nature and where our food comes from.

I grew up on a farm we literally had pigs 2 meters from my backdoor so it does but bother me too much in general. However we just had a normal old farm house with no MVHR. My concern is that’s it’s really going to suck that smell into the house which was only ever a problem when leaving the windows open before. It’s not end of world stuff as I’m not over bothered but chicken muck is the  worse compared to cattle and pigs for me personally. If there is a filter I can put in I will as I don’t really want to wake up to it in the middle of the night if possible.

We only once so far have noticed a "bad smell" via the mvhr.

It was on a summers morning, you know those mornings when it is absolutely completely dead still and a low mist was hanging over the valley.  The house just smelled "stale"  I went outside and it smelled even more stale out there.  It was that "dirty dishwater smell"

The culprit was next doors septic tank not far from our boundary filling the still air with a septic tank smell that just lingered.

It's not often we get still air for long enough to cause that sort of problem.