Tiling...many questions

Onoff

15 hours ago, newhome said:

My kit arrived and came with these instructions. Doesn’t say Fugi anywhere in the instructions but it says ‘Cramer Fugi’ in the description on Amazon so I hope it’s the same thing.

It's the same as mine except you have an additional grey thingy, but then mine's a few years old now. What is the grey thingy for?

That's it, draw a bead on @Onoff!

Leave me alone. I'm not well and feeling sorry for myself. Don't even have the strength for a witty retort! Christ knows where this came from, been going downhill all week. At first I thought it was the silicone fumes but I could have just as easily caught something on the Tube.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, lizzie said:

I am a long way behind @Onoff in the silicone skills dept..... I am following his masterclass so I can learn this very difficult art

Me too! I won’t be scraping mine out afterwards though. It will have to do. 

• Haha 1

Back In The Land Of The Living in the words of Linda Mertens!

I re-did the pockets. Peeled all the silicone out and cleaned. This time I did the six verticals first and left to dry. Then I did the short returns and horizontals at the same time. 

20190218_201554

Up close? Well, this is about the best.

20190218_201625

Next time I'll do verticals and leave to dry. Then short returns and let them dry. Lastly the horizontals. A pain getting the little blue Fugi tool into the corners and you disturb the adjacent horizontal if still wet. And this was even working out from the corner.

Happy enough with the 5mm bead along the shelf:

20190218_201706

However...

The junction where the pen is I'd CT1'd. Thought I'd left it low enough. I hadn't!

The 5mm tool caught the lumpy CT1. Tried 8mm, 10mm then 12mm. Even at 12mm the white needs to be thick to look "white". Amazingly the super translucent CT1 shows through as a dark line!

So I've ripped it all out..... :)

20190218_201647

Going to risk just the white silicone with the 5mm tool.....when I get some more!

Edited by Onoff

57 minutes ago, PeterW said:

What sealant is that and did you use the Fugi kit on it..?

Forever White and yes the Fugi kit. I know you said about reservations over it but think I've got it cracked and can beat the fast skinning.

Next problem the internal corner to the right of the towel rail:

20190223_152046

5mm at the bottom, 10mm at the top:

20190223_152125

I've taken out the Forever White I had in there.  (Also removed the wall/floor perimeter silicone). There's some grout already in there a few mm below. Thinking just to re grout over the top? Says it's good for up to 20mm wide.

20190223_152401

Edited by Onoff

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Next problem the internal corner to the right of the towel rail:

20190223_152046

20190223_152125

I've taken out the Forever White I had in there.  (Also removed the wall/floor perimeter silicone). There's some grout already in there a few mm below. Thinking just to re grout over the top? Says it's good for up to 20mm wide.

20190223_152401

Excuse me it’s Saturday night !

So ?, ? and ? not bleeding mastic and grout 

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

Excuse me it’s Saturday night !

So ?, ? and ? not bleeding mastic and grout 

Can't actually remember my last alcoholic drink! 2 weeks +? Only just feeling hungry.

What's the missing emoji?

Edited by Onoff

12 hours ago, Onoff said:

Re grouting won't get rid of this problem and will always catch your eye.

Choose your fugi size based on the widest point and run a bead of forever white (or grey) down there and that 5-10mm will be hidden and forgotten about

9 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

Re grouting won't get rid of this problem and will always catch your eye.

Choose your fugi size based on the widest point and run a bead of forever white (or grey) down there and that 5-10mm will be hidden and forgotten about

Thanks but chamfer wise that'd be the 12mm bead tool which imo would look enormous!

There's the awkward what to do question then at the top where it has to blend into the horizontal 3" long bead in the corner of the shelf?

Why not grout can I ask?