Tiling...many questions

Onoff

On 05/01/2019 at 18:19, Nickfromwales said:

Fill the bath with water and grout. 

Leave it full until the grout has cured then empty it. 

Wipe all the grout dust off, and give the lot a good polish. Get your silicone gun out and do all the internal angles until your happy. 

Bingo chuffing Bango. ??

Fill to the top to simulate water + 1 person?

(Or 2! ;))

Am I better leaving the bath full whilst I silicone around where the bath sits on the tiles?

Am I aiming for a filet against the bath lip / tile or should the lip be sitting down in a  bed of silicone?

Cheers

SWMBO, by her own volition, has stated my grouting is "smoother" than hers. Couldn't bring herself to say better! :)

She's asked whether her's could be "filed" or otherwise smoothed out.

Can you add grout to grout?

16 hours ago, Onoff said:

SWMBO, by her own volition, has stated my grouting is "smoother" than hers. Couldn't bring herself to say better! :)

She's asked whether her's could be "filed" or otherwise smoothed out.

Can you add grout to grout?

Easiest solution is dig all hers out and redo . Why isn’t hers smooth ? @Onoff you are employing shoddy labour !!!

51 minutes ago, pocster said:

Why isn’t hers smooth ? 

She rarely gets 5 minutes to herself what with sorting kids and elderly parents. Maybe when the bathroom's done she can lock herself away with the Veet.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

When the curtains are turning into poppadum's, its time to apply the brakes :S 

I've just had a chicken shatkora...

+ pilau rice, sag paneer, sag aloo, garlic chicken, poppadums and peshwari naan). 

Only just made it up Rowdow @newhome, as in v.nearly ended up going back down in uncontrolled reverse! Kept telling myself in the curry house that it was only sleet.

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Only just made it up Rowdow @newhome, as in v.nearly ended up going back down in uncontrolled reverse! Kept telling myself in the curry house that it was only sleet.

WTF! Fancy going up Rowdow when it's snowing!! You lost your mind? May have been the shatkora that kept you propelling forward ;). I'm sure all the multi millionaires would have offered you a bed for the night if you had got stuck :). Would Fackenden Lane not have been a better choice? I mean in terms of not getting stuck, not the quality of bed on offer! 

I feel deprived. Haven't seen so much as a single flake here! It can bloody well stay that way mind. 

On 01/02/2019 at 08:10, Nickfromwales said:

Just be slow and careful, and use the wipes for clean up ;)

What's your thoughts on the dash of Fairy Liquid in water for smoothing silicone out of interest?

I never know the ratio!

24 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

Yes dip your wet finger in some neat fairy liquid before smoothing

Me and a mate, just out of our apprenticeship had to "mastic" some brackets sticking out of a brick wall. We'd heard you used Fairy Liquid so went and bought a WHOLE BOX. We were squirting it on neat an making a right mess. The contractor went ape when it rained! :)