Tiling...many questions

Onoff

I had a spare few hours last night so sat down with my pink Gin to read this thread.  First of all - @Nickfromwales WTF is that bathroom that you (beautifully ) put in way back on the first few pages.  I nearly spat out some perfectly good gin!!

Steady on now @Onoff  this dizzying speed could lead to an injury!  Slower and steadier please!!

• Haha 1

Lol @Sue B is that the black and white footballers’ wives bedroom with the vanity unit? I can still recall how tasteful that was! 

You’re just looking at the tip of the iceberg with this thread. There is another epic one that started way before. Apparently there was also a previous thread on ebuild too! ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, newhome said:

Lol @Sue B is that the black and white footballers’ wives bedroom with the vanity unit? I can still recall how tasteful that was! 

You’re just looking at the tip of the iceberg with this thread. There is another epic one that started way before. Apparently there was also a previous thread on ebuild too! ?

Steady there, don't excite the poor girl any more than she already is! :)

To angle the shelf or not is still the question?

20190107_190445

At the mo in loose and raking back a tad due to the trim. Thinking dead level tbh.

20190107_190502

Edited by Onoff

Dead level. Why do you need an angle there? Water will just run down and collect at the back of the bath. It's not like the shower where the water would run onto the wet room floor (assuming that's the way you angled it). 

16 minutes ago, jamiehamy said:

Er, I did the floor last on all mine! Didn't want it being made a mess during the works! I missed THE August episode! 

Only following the diktat of the Welsh Wizard! :)

Had Antinox down to protect the floor. 

The idea is the wall tile sits down on the floor tile with a credit card size gap as opposed to a grout line. 

1 hour ago, newhome said:

YES!  I can’t believe that is really in someone’s bathroom, that the vanity unit was ever designed, made and especially sold.  The mind boggles.

1 minute ago, Sue B said:

YES!  I can’t believe that is really in someone’s bathroom, that the vanity unit was ever designed, made and especially sold.  The mind boggles.

It was in a bedroom actually which is even weirder .... Stuff of nightmares! 

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Also 6 pi$$y, equal width strips under here, maybe 12 if I decide to do the blue tanked bit as well.

Of course you need to do the blue tanked bit! 

5 hours ago, newhome said:

Of course you need to do the blue tanked bit! 

Slapped and I mean slapped 10 random cuts on last night. Was knackered and it was all a bit "That's up high, that'll be hidden by the basin / behind architrave". :ph34r:

Left the highly visible shelf ones until I'm awake!

Lying in the bath with a beer listening to Deadmau5's Strobe just letting it build! OK I'm fully clothed and I daren't  pan down for all the crap but it's going to be pucker when done. Couldn't resist getting the lights in.

IMG-20190111-WA0010.thumb.jpg.2ce23e45cb585575e98ec2b0337b2a14.jpg

Comment from a mate:

"It’s not like a blacklight and shows all the stains does it? ?"

Edited by Onoff
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, newhome said:

When are you finishing the damn tiling? Thought the boy had to use the shower before returning to uni? 

I know! Not going to happen.

He's back for 2 weeks at uni for exams then has a dead week when he might come back just for a sh!t, shave 'n shower!

Mixing grout.....

Can't remember how I mixed it for the floor. I think I used the mixing paddle in the drill:

My blue one has seen some service from mixing plaster and latterly the tile adhesive. Consequently it's looking a bit tired but the main worry is that the paint is coming off and there's some dried tile adhesive on it:

20190112_074545.thumb.jpg.ab9d672502cb128eb0a7a040f4316690.jpg

I could clean it fully I guess with some Disclean etc but just worried I might end up with blue paint flecks in my white grout!

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Mixing grout.....

Can't remember how I mixed it for the floor. I think I used the mixing paddle in the drill:

My blue one has seen some service from mixing plaster and latterly the tile adhesive. Consequently it's looking a bit tired but the main worry is that the paint is coming off and there's some dried tile adhesive on it:

I could clean it fully I guess with some Disclean etc but just worried I might end up with blue paint flecks in my white grout!

Buy a new, smaller one. ;)  Do not feck the grout up. It’s the icing on the cake ? 

On 07/01/2019 at 18:15, Sue B said:

I had a spare few hours last night so sat down with my pink Gin to read this thread.  First of all - @Nickfromwales WTF is that bathroom that you (beautifully ) put in way back on the first few pages.  I nearly spat out some perfectly good gin!! 

You people buy the stuff, and I fit it to the best standard that “it” can achieve. 

Look at at that bird getting up close to BoJo. ;)  “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” :/ 

Tidy, that’s your gin and @newhome‘s coffee. I’m going for a hat trick. ??

• Haha 3

6 down...well up actually...

20190112_115243

20190112_115331

20190112_122850

The basin & pedestal will hopefully take the eye off that God awful cock up at the end.

As for the 'soffit':

20190112_123342

There's no way on Earth I can tile that as I'll never get the LED strip in/out. Thinking to get my fabricator to cut me a thin strip of 316 stainless, say 1.6mm thick and bond that up there?

Edited by Onoff

4 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Look at at that bird getting up close to BoJo. ;)  “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” :/ 

Tidy, that’s your gin and @newhome‘s coffee. I’m going for a hat trick. ??

Let me fix that for you ...

Beauty £££££ is in the eye of the beholder” ??? ;)

And I think you already had your hat trick with one of @lizzie's G&T's :D

• Like 1