Tiling...many questions

Onoff

14 hours ago, Onoff said:

@Nickfromwales, me again! :) Did you have some cunning ruse for trimming this corner without "sharp" edges. Getting close to it happening!

Was it on these lines?

56884-189e042ff57d9d1264bdebd1c8dd7e91.jpg

Cheers.

I think that’s about your only option. 

Having balls bigger than your brain is the problem here, as even I wouldn’t look forward to tiling that multi-angled extravaganza :D 

Pack the intersection with silicone so it’s oozing out of the gaps and then wipes a plenty to finish it flush. Should look reasonably seem-less then tbh. ?

Just now, newhome said:

Can’t you get bendy tile trim or is that a sh1t idea? 

The whole hot air gun / slit the back / bend it round something thing had crossed my mind.

John the Chippy might be down this weekend so he might have an idea.

33 minutes ago, Onoff said:

The whole hot air gun / slit the back / bend it round something thing had crossed my mind.

John the Chippy might be down this weekend so he might have an idea.

If you think taking a heat gun to plastic tile trim will end in success, I’d recommend laying off da crack-pipe for a few days ;) 

?

9 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

If you think taking a heat gun to plastic tile trim will end in success, I’d recommend laying off da crack-pipe for a few days ;) 

?

This cries out for a 3D printer.....matching the white though.....

7 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

No retreat. No surrender ?

I posted that after a beer...in the cold light of day with a slight hangover / start of man flu it doesn't seem such a sensible boast! :)

Pretty sure the picture framing guillotine is going to be invaluable for this detail. Other than that it's the Evolution Rage chop saw (non starter) or little plastic mitre blocks to cut this trim. Posted these before but it cuts real clean imo.

20170816_120857

20170816_123114

20170816_134249

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

I posted that after a beer...in the cold light of day with a slight hangover / start of man flu it doesn't seem such a sensible boast! :)

Pretty sure the picture framing guillotine is going to be invaluable for this detail. Other than that it's the Evolution Rage chop saw (non starter) or little plastic mitre blocks to cut this trim. Posted these before but it cuts real clean imo.

20170816_120857

20170816_123114

20170816_134249

That’s a neat mitre !

22 minutes ago, pocster said:

That’s a neat mitre !

It's a f**king nightmare. 67.5deg ffs!

2018-12-08_12-46-41

Luckily I've got a whole bunch of scrap trim leftover to practice on from when I re-did the pockets.

• Like 1

How many more miscalculations?

I decided on an access panel, one tile wide to be able to get at the trap. Well, at least to change it by feel and with the assistance of a second person should the need ever arise. It was tight anyway with my gorilla forearms,  compromised further now by the bundle of 20mm flexible conduits for the plinth lights.

20181208_103625

BUT...just realised that the access panel assumed one tile, central to panel. Now the run on the side of the bath will be "out" to those on the wall.

20181208_103539

Unless...

Edited by Onoff

Back to the trim. Cutting at 67.5deg gives me this:

20181208_165120

Which is fine. 

Losing the post from the trim:

20181208_165606

Still doesn't look right:

20181208_165556

Playing with it:

20181208_175231

Because of the way the sides rake in:

20181208_175318

20181208_175259

Hmm.....

Edited by Onoff

Dancing from one thing to another here...

Used CT1 Power Grab & Bond direct to the marine ply, no primer of any sort, this for the removable side panel. Figured easily replaceable if it does blow:

20181208_200412

This'll have another bit of tile stuck on below. There'll be a couple of super clean, diamond core drilled holes to affix it with st/st screws 

20181208_200426

I WANT the top of the deck tanked. Realised I've run out of actual Aquaseal primer so as per the back of the can mixed up SBR 4:1 instead albeit Cementone brand rather than Everbuild like it says.  

I've used this mix on the top deck but not the sides:

20181208_200542

As I might stick the side tiles on with CT1 Power Grab & Bond I've done a little sample board to which I'll stick tiles to:

20181208_200343

Edited by Onoff

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Dancing from one thing to another here...

Used CT1 Power Grab & Bond direct to the marine ply, no primer of any sort, this for the removable side panel. Figured easily replaceable if it does blow:

20181208_200412

This'll have another bit of tile stuck on below. There'll be a couple of super clean, diamond core drilled holes to affix it with st/st screws 

20181208_200426

I WANT the top of the deck tanked. Realised I've run out of actual Aquaseal primer so as per the back of the can mixed up SBR 4:1 instead albeit Cementone brand rather than Everbuild like it says.  

I've used this mix on the top deck but not the sides:

20181208_200542

As I might stick the tiles on with CT1 Power Grab & Bond I've done a little sample board to which I'll stick tiles to:

20181208_200343

It’s Saturday night !

Wine and steak surely ; not tiling ??

20 minutes ago, pocster said:

It’s Saturday night !

Wine and steak surely ; not tiling ??

More faffing than tiling! :)

I've had bowl of vegetable & turmeric soup and a bottle of British Bulldog and that's it. Might dip into the crate of mixed Greene King IPA.

Last night it was Spirit Of Kent 9 Hop XXX Pale Ale from Westerham Brewery

:)

28 minutes ago, Onoff said:

More faffing than tiling! :)

I've had bowl of vegetable & turmeric soup and a bottle of British Bulldog and that's it. Might dip into the crate of mixed Greene King IPA.

Last night it was Spirit Of Kent 9 Hop XXX Pale Ale from Westerham Brewery

:)

No proper food means mitring is poor !

Steak is food of the gods 

20 minutes ago, pocster said:

No proper food means mitring is poor !

Steak is food of the gods 

I've had a bag of Roysters T Bone Steak crisps if that counts? :)

Tbh I'm pretty happy with veggie stuff but I  "need" steak as in red meat (beef, kangaroo etc) every so often or I get "weird". Must satisfy some throwback dietary requirement.

12 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I've had a bag of Roysters T Bone Steak crisps if that counts? :)

Tbh I'm pretty happy with veggie stuff but I  "need" steak as in red meat (beef, kangaroo etc) every so often or I get "weird". Must satisfy some throwback dietary requirement.

Meat and wine can sustain you through your tiling woes .