Tiling...many questions

Onoff

31 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

As long as the ply doesn’t move/flex (and knowing you I bet t doesn’t !) and the tanking is well adhered (ply really well primed) what you’ve suggested will be fine. I did exactly that on some ply bath panels in the barn some 15 years ago and they’re still there! 

Are you saying prime the ply before I tank it? I was intending to tank the ply, then prime. Cheers.

26 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Are you saying prime the ply before I tank it? I was intending to tank the ply, then prime. Cheers.

Yes, you should have a primer under your tanking “goop”. It’s normally supplied in the kit. The tile adhesive goes straight onto the tanking goop. You need to stop the absorbency of the timber. 

7 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

Yes, you should have a primer under your tanking “goop”. It’s normally supplied in the kit. The tile adhesive goes straight onto the tanking goop. You need to stop the absorbency of the timber. 

Sorry yes, forgotten that. It's a while since I've "tanked". Since then it's just been tiling primer. Tbh looks and smells like the same stuff!

A little more progress! ;)

Back of the pockets:

20181106_203150

3 tiles round the pipes and the waste wedged over a bit to try and "straighten" it:

20181106_203140

Not sure whether to put a strip of tiles up here - varied from 20 - 22mm. 

20181106_170353

There's going to be more of a gap at the top than the bottom...the "blue" wall is plumb, it's the tiles that are a bit off! 

20181106_171101

20181106_170915

Wondering if I could fill that gap with adhesive rather than tiles?

Looking like you'll see this grout line as you walk in. Easiest to slip the tiles to go on behind the ones already on. Tbh it'll be obscured a fair bit by the basin & pedestal. 

20181106_232538

Got to trim a few tops off! 

20181106_232815

6 hours ago, newhome said:

Only @Onoff I imagine ?

AND my mate John The Chippy!  He walks in and says "Oh, you've a bit of a shadow line there...what happened?" & "Still, is it the first time you've tiled?" Git! Literally carries a tape wherever he goes! "What you could have done is..." is my favourite.

old-man.jpg.eb3531de693169992204f499bc79b50d.jpg

I did once consider a tape measure tattoo on a finger, for measuring bolts... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Time for a caption competition?

"I swear to it, Officer, the Martian was right there !"

Tbh I'd just got out of the shower when I took that. If those tiles had been reflective you could have played spot the ball! :)

7 hours ago, Onoff said:

AND my mate John The Chippy!  He walks in and says "Oh, you've a bit of a shadow line there...what happened?" & "Still, is it the first time you've tiled?" Git! Literally carries a tape wherever he goes! "What you could have done is..." is my favourite.

old-man.jpg.eb3531de693169992204f499bc79b50d.jpg

I did once consider a tape measure tattoo on a finger, for measuring bolts... :ph34r:

I have a tape measure tattooed on my penis . I now measure massive things with ease ! ?

• Confused 1