Tiling...many questions

Onoff

1 hour ago, newhome said:

How can you have a dry shower? ??

Anyhoo the leaking won’t be noticeable until the day it all collapses ?

Not even in jest please! If I get a leak through these corner pockets I'll be filling up the stud walls behind :(

It's why I'm so worried about these trims. Still not clear which way to go now. Applying CT1 from the rear (somehow) seems half sensible as it should ooze through any gaps at the front.

Edited by Onoff

5 minutes ago, newhome said:

Why on earth will it leak any more than anyone else's shower? People tile showers and wet rooms all the time and never have any issues. I think you're being half empty here @Onoff ;)

I need to feel I've done everything I possibly can and I'm not there yet! Will probably knock up a bit of brake line in a U shape to slip over a standard mastic nozzle. 

A lapse in concentration brought on by the thought of @pocster pm'ing offensive JPEGs meant I dropped the L shaped tile bottom right of the reveal:

20181008_211755

What you can't see is that this is post breakage! Thanks to a clean break & the power of mitre bond the repair is nigh on invisible.  Excess glue taken off with a new Stanley blade. Fingers pointing at the two breaks:

20181008_211826

Yes, I could cut a new tile but considering the other various faux pas will I get away with it?

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

What "pen" to mark tiles before wet cutting? Using a Sharpie (genuine) the water stream on the tile cutter is just washing it off?

Pencil.

sill got pencil marks on my tiles from 3 years ago.

• Like 1