Tiling...many questions

Onoff

This has legs!

Longer, fully threaded bolts needed here and there! I've some coach bolts...maybe CT1 rubber on the domed ends again...or I'll tack some nuts to M10 studding.

20180815_205515

Stupid boy Pike! 

If I'd have mitred the other way I could have clamped the sections together for stability:

20180815_205611

5 minutes ago, Ed Davies said:

Love the way you determine the exact position of the bottom edges of the full tiles: size of a box of staples + the height of the laser.

:)Just proof of concept at the mo! 

It usually sits on a dedicated little shelf.

20180815_220740.thumb.jpg.53fc54b519ffe1adbf9c92730575221d.jpg

Edited by Onoff

On the assumption the tile butts up tight to the u/side of the trim on the shelf and I'm 4 and a bit tiles to the floor then I need to set the top of my support angle:

250+3+250+3+250+3+250 = 1009mm

... from the underside of the trim / bottom shelf of the pocket. 

I think...

31 minutes ago, Ed Davies said:

Love the way you determine the exact position of the bottom edges of the full tiles: size of a box of staples + the height of the laser.

Very sorry Ed, but its BH policy that members who dont yet fully feel our pain are politely reminded not to encourage this madman. ;) 

Were trying to get it tiled and grouted before xmas. Dont ask which xmas PLEASE !

:D 

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’m still going to finish my entire build before @Onoff gets this bathroom complete .

I told swmbo ( spell check put demon in there !!!! ) about his biblical saga . She now thinks I’m working quickly !! ??

I reckon your missus is secretly wishing you took as long and paid as much attention to small details as I do! ;)

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I reckon your missus is secretly wishing you took as long and paid as much attention to small details as I do! ;)

.... is this so she doesn't have to talk to him as much...??? 

I was at one point going to merge the two bathroom threads but you have to do it so it interleaves the responses and at nearly 100 pages in both......