Tiling...many questions

Onoff

25 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Jesus! I hope your hot water still works ok ?

Aye, still fine. You’d know if it wasn’t cos the voodoo doll would be working its magic ? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

I used BAL Micromax2 grout in the wetroom and the colour was smoke which looks very similar to your silver grey.

The Bal grouts are nice, very fine, but the adhesives are just crazy money. When fitting for a local 'luxury' bathroom showroom I noticed one customers bill had adhesive at £65+VAT per bag........12.5kg's not 20 ?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

The Bal grouts are nice, very fine, but the adhesives are just crazy money. When fitting for a local 'luxury' bathroom showroom I noticed one customers bill had adhesive at £65+VAT per bag........12.5kg's not 20 ?

FFS! Out of my league!

I got trade on my stuff:

Grout £6.60/bag (3kg), primer £10, adhesive £11 (20kg).

All dry this morning so awaiting a decision:

20180812_092614.thumb.jpg.67c41745d58e4d89055426b4f111d1ad.jpg

I have a feeling it might be the Grey! Dried lighter than I thought. I'd be happy enough with it, gives a nice contrast I think.

8 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

All pointless, as when his missus reads through this he's going to be buried alongside the new cold mains pipe outside. 

?

Suits me. Every night I pray for death or six numbers. I'd give SWMBO half mind...

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Suits me. Every night I pray for death or six numbers. I'd give SWMBO half mind...

She’d take you for more than half! You’d be lucky to afford a new (old) Capri and a couple of furry dice after she’s taken you to the cleaners! ?

Just now, newhome said:

She’d take you for more than half! You’d be lucky to afford a new (old) Capri and a couple of furry dice after she’s taken you to the cleaners! ?

Cleaners...we could with one around here! For a laugh I actually write the date on dusty shelves. It's like a time bomb. There's this slow realisation why she's not talking to me...she's bought some new piece of tat to go on the shelf or it's Spring cleaning time and she's found it! :)

• Haha 2

Just now:

"I suppose the Mid Grey though I don't dislike the Silver Grey!"

>:(

She's concerned the Mid Grey might come out different again due to the mixing difficulties she had doing the sample.

I suppose I mix this up 1kg at a time?

When we had to decide on grout colours, we've only got two different types of floor tiles, we ordered sample strips of grout in all the likely colours and just put them next to the tiles. I'm sure it didn't take more than a few minutes for Wendy to decide ;)

Mid Grey was decided upon. Mid grouting a voice cackled "Actually I don't mind it that dark!"

Not being sure if she was referring to the grout colour or the Jason Derulo video on the telly I carried on. Clarification came seconds later with "I suppose it'll dry a bit lighter!"

So it's grouted save for a "polish with a soft dry cloth". I think I'm quite happy with it. That fall line looks nicely defined:

IMG_20180812_165158082.thumb.jpg.b16f97e210aeb7aabbe3ff60d31b4edd.jpg

One faux pas is I missed two bits! One on the diagonal fall line and the other slightly below and left. 

IMG_20180812_165228970.thumb.jpg.457d6f62ac8053f66599f10f0906edc5.jpg

Tbh I only noticed as I was out the door. (Dehydration I think played a large part. Guessing problems with the cauldron). 

I figured then it was better to leave these missed bits to dry fully before infilling rather than overly disturb the drying grout either side of the voids. Whether I did right...

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

I walk into the bathroom and look...then I walk back out again! :)

1st pocket is 377 to datum, pockets either side of shower both 380mm. I'd aimed for 378mm.

20180813_171246

20180813_170947

I'm going to walk back in...

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

So with this Tiletracker idea:

s-l400.jpg.dbf01d2d1d7297dc10b0c57ea35972bc.jpg

1) What stops the back of the metal box sticking to the wall due to the adhesive or in my case the tanking?

2) Surely the lip will get stuck under the tile and be a pig to remove?