How to run pipes from Boiler to TS

Tin Soldier

Hi There,

During my extension I need to remove the existing combi-boiler, and I am in the process of firming up prices for the proposed replacement,

Grant external system boiler, Telford sealed thermal store.

Now the problem is where these would ideal be located are not perfect, for where the boiler will be located.

Option 1 is my preffered choice as it there its in a good location within the proposed utility room and looses the minimal of space. This is housed in a 15 year old single storey extension, probably sitting on 100mm concrete, dpc and minimal if any insulation

Option 2 is similarly located but basically dead opposite the boiler.

Now the problem I am facing is how to get the pipes from one to the other, if at all possible. do I come through the external wall, then strip  off the plasterboard of interior walls and ceiling and run the pipes up and over to the boiler, or dig out a channel within the floor and run the pipes that way?

I know the ideal location is probably just on the other side of the external wall opposite the boiler, but that's not to be as the wife will not have it there.

What's my best option?

TS Locations.png

:) thanks two very different responses

Ragg987, possible an option, but that partition doesn't exist at the moment and won't for a few months. it's currently my kitchen which is being split into two,

Nick

why cutting a channel and not up and over? - just wondering how you decide upon these things

In terms of cutting channels, how deep are we talking here, and I assume the lagged pipes are cemented over?

Stihl saw with diamond disk and it will go through the rebar etc too. Cut 3”deep and make it slightly vee shaped and cut 3 or 4 parallel slits. 

Take a cold chisel and smack into the cut and the centres will break out sideways.