recoveringacademic

Damn: I forgot it's Valentines Day - advice please

158164.jpg

In 1862 an eyewitness “was extremely amused to see a rare specimen of Yankee invention, in the shape of an original method of punishment drill. One wretched delinquent was gratuitously framed in oak, his head being thrust through a hole cut in one end of a barrel, the other end of which had been removed; and the poor fellow loafed about in the most disconsolate manner, looking for all the world like a half-hatched chicken”.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A blank page and get your colouring in pencils out and make her a home made card!!! 

Or beg for forgiveness

Or get in the car and go get her something from the nearest petrol station.

• Like 1

If we are being helpful, then if you have really good judgement you could obtain a weekend away or night out online in the next half hour and put the printed out information in the card.

London and the RA King Charles Exhibition looks like a good one.

B|

Edited by Ferdinand

Stand by for trouble

Edited by AndyT

On Valentine's day it is so hard to know what to give.

But Tim Brook-Taylor gave good advice once.

"Should I give her flowers, chocolates or one"

I always hold out for the second post delivery, god bless the post office.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

On Valentine's day it is so hard to know what to give.

But Tim Brook-Taylor gave good advice once.

"Should I give her flowers, chocolates or one"

I always hold out for the second post delivery, god bless the post office.

Who said romance is dead? 🤔😜

Ian. 

Put your PJ's back on. Switch the phone off and jump back in bed, then grovel for all your worth.  

I tried to get some flowers on the way home last night, but everywhere seemed sold out of anything decent.  When I got home I found the perfect reason for not buying any; all the flower vases in the house were already full of flowers.  I did remember to buy a card at the weekend, though.

Pheeeeeeeeeeeewww, that was close.

Jumped up, followed @Declan52 advice (made a card) popped  it in her handbag, made breakfast, and started cleaning the kitchen furiously, went out, defrosted the car, busied myself.... she found it just as she was leaving for work. ;)

And, as I write this, I find neatly tucked into the desk drawer (top shelf where its most visible) the card I bought last year, just in case I forgot this year. 

O.o

How often do we all do that: worry about stuff we forget we've already sorted?

You missed a trick there, should have got Rollo to take her breakfast up...xD

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

the card I bought last year

Should have sent a text/email/messaging service.

I always use a pencil when I write in a card.  Can be recycled indefinitely then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JSHarris said:

I tried to get some flowers on the way home last night, but everywhere seemed sold out of anything decent.  When I got home I found the perfect reason for not buying any; all the flower vases in the house were already full of flowers.  I did remember to buy a card at the weekend, though.

The ladies from my mum's flower arranging class all bought lots of extra red roses on Tuesday because there was such an excellent selection this week...

Edited by Ferdinand

Ah, that'll be it then in the future. ............:$

At 0600 on the 14th, ring up and ask a member of the WI if she has some spare red roses 

I see you seem to be sorted now, but was going to suggest giving her that Screwfix £10 off voucher that you may have received the other week...

It's not always men who forget these things.  I forgot our wedding anniversary for 6 years in a row, for the first 6 years of our marriage.  Grovelling doesn't even begin to cover it.

And I haven't bought him a Valentine card.  But I did make pancakes yesterday evening.

Just now, vivienz said:

It's not always men who forget these things.  I forgot our wedding anniversary for 6 years in a row, for the first 6 years of our marriage.  Grovelling doesn't even begin to cover it.

And I haven't bought him a Valentine card.  But I did make pancakes yesterday evening.

I discuss work schedules with my main organising tradesman over pancackes at breakfast every month or two. Seems to work for me.

OH couldn't care less about Valentine cards (he didn't get me one, either) but he'd have been really upset to be deprived of pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.  He'd have them every week if I'd make them that often. 

I did pancakes last night ..........got a beautiful valentines card from the dog this morning, and one from an unknown admirer LOL

Well I'm glad some people get it right.

I have now found three (yes 3 ) spare Valentines cards stashed away 'safely'. And I have put a yearly reminder in my Google Calendar about where I have hidden them - for the next three years. By then, I might just have sorted myself out.

Ian

• Haha 1

1) Get a brick

2) Get a sharpie

3) Write "our love is as solid as this brick" on the brick

4) Hand over brick

5) Run

• Haha 1

Good old screwfix and it was FREE. 

1518603937250-1933769457.jpg

• Haha 1

That bonny lass at ScrewFix in Morecambe has a fixation on you, so I'm told, Pete. Something about rippling muscles and a washboard stomach. 

That's why you got one and I didn't. :|

• Haha 1