Plaster board ceiling gradient?

Hi all just looking for some advice on a Plaster board ceiling dilemma.

I have just put up a new 12mm plasterboard ceiling which has not been skimmed yet, I then took out a dividing wall and have found out that the room on the other side of the dividing wall was overboarded. So I have my newly installed 12mm ceiling and then a 24mm overboarded ceiling and need to join them seamlessly, would I try and make a gradient or do I have to add another 12mm layer to the newly installed 12mm? Humph:|

Any help much appreciated guys/girls

If you don't want to put more plasterboard up, why not just put a piece of wood (or similar) on the lower part, just before the step, and simply paint it. This is obviously only OK if you don't mind the step being visible, if you want it seamless, you will have to overboard... or take the entire ceiling down in the old bit.

9 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

If you don't want to put more plasterboard up, why not just put a piece of wood (or similar) on the lower part, just before the step, and simply paint it. This is obviously only OK if you don't mind the step being visible, if you want it seamless, you will have to overboard... or take the entire ceiling down in the old bit.

Yuk :D

No wood where it needs to be on show, get it overboarded. By the time you've typed this you'd be on your second or third board and closer to the pub 

?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys, I kinda thought that would be the way forwards. 

Can I just bond the new 12mm layer of Plaster board to the existing or do I need to try and screw to joists avoiding the 1st layer of Plaster board screws? Oh thats going to be fun.