Hello all!

drb5374

Quick hi from me. 

David from just North of Glasgow and looking into building our first home. 

Plot is is an old Scottish Water spot, with a couple of large filtration tanks and a water tank on it....lots of old pipes, inc a live pipe running right through it. 

3 levels and it varies in height quite drastically, as it’s on quite a steep hil. 

Good fun! :)

• Like 1

? Thanks all. 

Filtration tanks are around 50x35 ft and are both on top level. Next level has the 50 foot wide round water tank and third(lowest) level is basically ground with nothing on top of it. 

Site was was built over 100 years ago and all tanks are stone built and VERY solid. Solid enough to be used as foundations?...we’re not sure about that yet, but happy to go with that premise for now. 

My my old man has already had planning passed for a rather elaborate round house on the water tank, but the funds needed started getting stupid when the cost of steel shot up(Chinese Olympic stadiums had just started being built at the time), so were hoping that planning will take this into account when we try to look for three houses to be passed...one for my family and I, one for friends if they can manage it and one for my parents, though their healths are deteriorating and not sure if they could manage the move when and IF it ever happens. 

The local council development planning are currently looking over the site, but they’ve already said it looks like it has good potential. 

So many ifs and buts to it all isn’t there? :)

LoL yes it’s rather big though it doesn’t look as big when you’re actually there, but it’s a spectacular view!

We’re hoping each tank would not only be the foundations for each house, but also be used for rooms of some sort. 

Its all a dream dream till you get your keys however, as I’m sure you all know ? 

On 11/02/2018 at 10:03, drb5374 said:

Thanks Jamie. 

Sounds interesting, but I’ll need to check the site on a desktop/laptop, as no links appear viewable on my phone...

Ah, sorry thought it was on my signature. Www.theoldwatertank.blogspot.com 

• Like 1