THE new bathroom thread

8 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

admittedly i should have taken a picture of Faye in it, but c'mon it is a bad assed mask :) 

JUST the mask?  I imagine your likes for the day would have gone through the roof! :)

12 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

You may struggle with that blending valve then tbh, :ph34r:, as it'll not drop down as well as a TRV / capillary probe type mixer. The temp setting will say it'll drop down low, but youll have nowt for the return side to suck in to cool it. If you can change it whilst its new and clean then I would. Dont forget room for your buffer.  

Good point, but your suggestion to me a while ago to use the motor driven Salus head was brilliant, as it has completely removed the need for a blending/thermostatic mixer valve.  When fitted to either the main flow or return valve on the manifold (both of ours use the same pin-operated valve body) the Salus valve, with it's two sensors, automatically maintains the flow temperature at exactly the right level.  It's a magic bit of kit in my opinion, and I now have our TMV turned fully open (I may well just remove the head and capillary tube and replace it with a cap with a push down pin).

Might be an option here, as long as the system isn't being zone  controlled.  Even if it is, fitting the sensor clips to an always on zone would work, I'm sure.  I'm not sure Salus intended this head to be used like this, but, based on my experience I can say it seems to work very well.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...