THE new bathroom thread

1 minute ago, Construction Channel said:

Good idea. Plan was to put the bathroom sensor in the shower area which I will be screeding later.  (Well I’ll actually be concreting the pipes in but I’ll leave it low so I can screed the falls later). But as you say there’s no harm in putting it in just in case. 

Mines in the wet room bit. Run the sensor duct to the furthest point you might have it. You can always pull the sensor cable back so it sits in another area of the floor.

In the delay we fitted some of the 140mm R32 frame therm into the timber frame upstairs. I forgot to take a picture so will update that tomorrow but I did remember to take a picture of “Faye’s” new insulating mask and my new head torch that runs on 18650 batteries. I happen to have loads of them from taking apart old Makita batteries. Why only have one lamp when you can have 5 ?

E12CD59E-C0BA-42A8-A5F8-C38D930B240E.jpeg

863173D6-8347-41DC-B533-1318DC91C3D0.jpeg

6 minutes ago, CC45 said:

Wont you need some PB behind the manifold? I put some on ours - didnt want BC to start on about 30min fire barriers.  I could be wrong.

I think judging by the fact theres a bare board over studs and no insulation, that its just so he can mock the ufh up and drop the screed in ;)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Why is some of the UFH pipe in conduit?

Dont get me started. My plumber friend kept banging on about not having the wrong pipes heat the wrong room. So I have been having the pipes leading to different rooms tight to the edge. Having the pipes tight would lead to “hot spots” hence having the returns in conduit. IMHO it is a massive waste of time and money as the conduit is a pita to fit. BUT I know very little about the job and I will accept advice from experienced people even if I disagree with it. 

5 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

To hold off heating on 50mm centres and creating hotspots. Id have used insulation tbh, but that'll suffice. 

@Construction Channel, forgive my naff memory but what are you using to heat the place?

Ashp. Will be the main component, the rest is yet to be decided. The pipes are at 150 centres so hopefully I am on the safe side on whatever system I choose to boost the heat if I need to. 

4 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Ashp. Will be the main component, the rest is yet to be decided. The pipes are at 150 centres so hopefully I am on the safe side on whatever system I choose to boost the heat if I need to. 

You may struggle with that blending valve then tbh, :ph34r:, as it'll not drop down as well as a TRV / capillary probe type mixer. The temp setting will say it'll drop down low, but youll have nowt for the return side to suck in to cool it. If you can change it whilst its new and clean then I would. Dont forget room for your buffer.  

12 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Dont get me started. My plumber friend kept banging on about not having the wrong pipes heat the wrong room. So I have been having the pipes leading to different rooms tight to the edge. Having the pipes tight would lead to “hot spots” hence having the returns in conduit. IMHO it is a massive waste of time and money as the conduit is a pita to fit. BUT I know very little about the job and I will accept advice from experienced people even if I disagree with it. 

He's right, so stop chopsing to him :D

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

You may struggle with that blending valve then tbh, :ph34r:, as it'll not drop down as well as a TRV / capillary probe type mixer. The temp setting will say it'll drop down low, but youll have nowt for the return side to suck in to cool it. If you can change it whilst its new and clean then I would. Dont forget room for your buffer.  

I can take the pump back if I need to. I only put it together to see how it all fitted. TBH Toby did say I might not want it but he ordered it for me because I hadn’t decided on the final heating system yet. 

Just now, Construction Channel said:

I can take the pump back if I need to. I only put it together to see how it all fitted. TBH Toby did say I might not want it but he ordered it for me because I hadn’t decided on the final heating system yet. 

Your supposed to ask first. Grrrrrrrrrr.

At this stage id only have bought the manifolds to connect up. Keep it clean and return it asap. ;)

You mis understand. He is just trying to help and I am abusing his discounts. There will be no problem taking the pump back. All I really needed was the manifold to get floor poured. He has already said it might not be what I need. TBH I don’t know why it was on The order but I try not to question the gift horse. 

Understood ref the ducting. Think I'd have used Armourflex myself.

I will be running empty ducts to my manifold for future UFH in all the downstairs rooms. The floor in the room where the manifold is going will be criss crossed by maybe 7 flow/returns to loops in 4 directions so I don't reckon on any need for it's own loop in that room

11 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

You mis understand. He is just trying to help and I am abusing his discounts. There will be no problem taking the pump back. All I really needed was the manifold to get floor poured. He has already said it might not be what I need. TBH I don’t know why it was on The order but I try not to question the gift horse. 

Abuse it wisely by buying the right bits !:P

31 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Abuse it wisely by buying the right bits !:P

I have known him for a lot of years and if there is something wrong I am confident he will be able to sort it for me, 

as for prices the 6 port manifold was 125 + vat, I looked online for a decent brand to match it and no one could come close,  obviously I did look before I just took his offer but you have to understand it is slightly awkward arguing with a good friend and what I consider a competent tradesman that some guy on the internet thinks you are wrong.( i mean no disrespect by the "guy on the internet" phrase but you know what I mean, we are are all tradesmen here)