So just where can I but a 40mm SW stop end?

ProDave

Change of bathroom layout means change of drainage.

I have a run of 40mm solvent weld waste that is now redundant. I can't remove it from the boss adaptor without cutting a hole in a floor board panel. So simple solution I thought, I will cap it off with a solvent weld stop end.

Unless someone tells me different, nobody sells one.

4 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

You have to cap it with a solvent weld rodding point, with a screw on end cap.  If you can't find one locally I have a few spare, I'm sure, as I needed one and had to buy a bag of them from Screwfix, as they didn't sell them separately.

Looked at that option, but it runs too tight to a joist to fit the bulk of that type of fitting.  I really do need a stop end that's no bigger than a 40mm solvent weld straight coupler.

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Looked at that option, but it runs too tight to a joist to fit the bulk of that type of fitting.  I really do need a stop end that's no bigger than a 40mm solvent weld straight coupler.

I'm pretty sure they don't make them, as I've not seen one around.  If you get stuck, I have some 50mm round PVC bar and could quickly turn something up for you, perhaps a plug of PVC bonded into a straight coupler?

The only snag is that I have a sneaking suspicion that not all solvent weld pipe is the same diameter, I have a feeling that it varies slightly with the manufacturer.  If you let me know if you want me to turn up a plug that will fit a coupler then I could knock one up in ten minutes this evening and get it in the post tomorrow.

Edited to add:

I have a bag of white FloPlast 40mm to 32mm solvent weld reducers in my hand, and could very easily just turn up and solvent weld in a PVC plug to one of these right now if that would help.  You could then just solvent weld that into the end of a straight coupler (I don't seem to have any of those around that I can quickly lay my hands on)

Well going from the first few replies I have "solved" it.

I had a rummage in the old garage amongst the rubbish stuff waiting to be upcycled and found a bit left over from an old shower riser. It was the same OD as a bit of 40mm pipe, and a snug fit inside a straight coupler. It seemed to melt ok with solvent weld cement.

So that upcycled bit of plastic is now solvent welded into one side of a straight  coupler, and the other end solvent welded to my now dead bit of pipe.