diy-kitchens.com any experience?

Jude1234

Had a delivery on Friday - worth paying for the gold service so you get 2 guys and into the house rather than one. 

Quality seems to be very good - legs to fit and then it’s just push into place. 

38 minutes ago, jonM said:

Took a trip up to DIY Kitchens yesterday and very impressed with what I saw.

I was there on Saturday - first visit to the showroom but I got my last kitchen from them.  The showroom was well worth the visit.  Free cakes and biscuits, tea, coffee and soft drinks were excellent too ?  Very helpful, non-pushy staff.  I didn't speak to them about design but I think I heard them say that they are working on the planning tool being available again.

I really liked the area where they had all the unit variants together in one place so that you could see pretty much all of the options available at a glance.  You can see these in the online showroom - follow the link and the click on "Information Centre" -> ".....Examples"  to see what I mean.

https://www.diy-kitchens.com/about-diy-kitchens/showroom/

I know someone who has just installed a kitchen from them.  They also got their work surfaces via them and had them templated one week and installed the next, with no problems.

I'll definitely be going back to them for the kitchen in my new build

• 1 year later...

I'm keen to our next kitchen from diy-kitchen after reading numerous positive reviews online around the service, quality and pricing.

The only part I'm not so sure about is the design process given that this isn't a service they offer. Can anyone share their experience of how they designed their kitchen purchased through diy-kitchens?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, LHensh said:

Can anyone share their experience of how they designed their kitchen purchased through diy-kitchens?

Its easy - draw your room, add the doors and windows and drag and drop the cabinets. They do check before you order you haven’t missed anything and are good when you get a cabinet wrong. 

Personal opinion is that all the Wren/Wickes/Howden designers have a set pattern they use and it’s crap. You know how you will use your kitchen and what works for you - you’re the best designer for your kitchen ..!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Its hidden at the bottom but they have an online planning service you can use yourself. Its very to use as PeterW states just drag and drop the units into place. 

The planning software isnt linked to the the main site though so you need to email the design to them and they make up a basket for you. We are expecting our kitchen next week and dont know what to expect. 

They did contact us to ask if we meant to put a lower lever unit into the design (this was a mistake on my part). So someone is actually looking at the design and not just pushing the items through.

1 hour ago, Pm1987 said:

Its hidden at the bottom but they have an online planning service you can use yourself. Its very to use as PeterW states just drag and drop the units into place. 

The planning software isnt linked to the the main site though so you need to email the design to them and they make up a basket for you. We are expecting our kitchen next week and dont know what to expect. 

They did contact us to ask if we meant to put a lower lever unit into the design (this was a mistake on my part). So someone is actually looking at the design and not just pushing the items through.

you’ve just replied to a post from 12 months ago ?  

I had a DIY kitchen in 12 years ago it was excellent.  I’m just sorting things right now for my next DIY kitchen and service has been superb again so far.  I sent a query to them via their message system about something 7pm last Friday.  Expecting a reply into this week they replied 14 mins later.   I’m going for the LUCA handless doors this time round they are such good quality really thick like 22mm.

Your delivery will take up LOADS of room probably twice the size of your finished kitchen so make sure you have load of room.  There is a LOT of packaging.  If sitting for a while try to leave as much protective packaging but inspect ASAP.  If possible take photos or better still video as you unwrap packaging.  Just so you can reassure them any damage is not due to you doing it when fitting etc and thus helps to expedite any replacements.  I had zero damage to all my units and they came up to NE Scotland.  Likewise my best mate who ordered for them after my recommendation.

one tip I’d give is this.  If your kitchen has lots of the same door eg 600 high line or whatever get a spare door or two.  My 12 year old kitchen had damage to one door which they no longer carried.  Had I been able to swap it my kitchen would have looked brand new.

sorry if this is patronising advice if you are an experienced fitter or whatever. 

...and no I don’t work for them.  Just a big fan.  I think they’ve had some issues through lockdown but that’s understandable.

Edited by Bozza
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, CC45 said:

it isn't enough for 40mm pushfit pipe to be fixed behind it (the bracket holds the pipe out of the wall a bit).  I dug away into the plasterboard.  Why they do this I don't understand.

32mm fits on brackets but not sure why they don’t make slightly larger for 40mm tbh. Would only take another 5mm