Hey from Essex... xx

Yzzy

1 hour ago, le-cerveau said:

You are very lucky there!  Usually they only take your allocated bin's worth.

Also constantly going to the tip can get you banned as a trader, as others have suffered so again lucky, the other option would have been skips and looking at that I would be quite a few!

I know I am!! VERY lucky.... only one more week of stupid amounts of black bags though and then I will be getting skips as I am NOT bagging up pigeon poo rubbish and dragging that up and down stairs... My vision is to have a skip with a chute out the window and weeeeeeee... bye bye rubbish!

But for some odd reason Skip hire firms don't hire chutes??? You have to hire them separate? 

1 hour ago, Jml said:

VERY interesting and will be used well thank you! Now to get the EPO to write that letter!

7 minutes ago, Vision Of Heaven said:

VERY interesting and will be used well thank you! Now to get the EPO to write that letter!

Just be aware some council charge a premium on council tax, up to 50%, for empty properties vacant for more than two years, ours has such a charge.

32 minutes ago, Vision Of Heaven said:

Already suffering that one @Jml..... >:( £274 a month! 

Painful!!

2 months ahead of schedule though, a ‘saving’ of £548 !

Edited by Jml
Cant multiply by 2!
  • Like 1

Sorry if this is a sore point being your family home, but have you considered knocking it down and re,building. 

Does it sit on a big plot, could you sell off a chunk of garden to raise funds for the refurbishment. 

Can you knock it down and build a pair sell one live in the other. 

Just thinking a bit out side the box. 

On 2/2/2018 at 19:08, Russell griffiths said:

Sorry if this is a sore point being your family home, but have you considered knocking it down and re,building. 

Does it sit on a big plot, could you sell off a chunk of garden to raise funds for the refurbishment. 

Can you knock it down and build a pair sell one live in the other. 

Just thinking a bit out side the box. 

Hi, sorry we've had family staying since last week and I've had to endure the dreaded task of showing them around London sights and Essex sights and my legs are about ready to fall off!! So haven't had a chance to log in and reply.... 

The actual brickwork of the house seems (so far) to be in very good condition, so would make no sense to re-build... we did consider it though.

Garden was huge but a previous owner sold off the back in circa. 1901 when the original builder who bought the plot of land in 1876 moved in at last and then died, so we assume his Widow sold the land to raise funds. The 'Steptoe & Son' characters at the back wouldn't have the money to buy anything anyway and would only fill it with smelly rusty cars... lmao!!! 

Finally family have flown home... I had no idea how addicted I was already to this darn house!! I am now grabbing a cup of coffee and window shopping for Wheelbarrows... i had no idea there were so many types!

OK so as I am trying to do everything free or as cheap as possible the pigeon infestation is down to me.... got a full suit, gloves, trusty DM boots, Jeyes 5l, garden sprayer and..... are these ok?

https://www.diy.com/departments/jsp-semi-disposable-half-respiratory-mask/32263_BQ.prd

Recommended for - Maintenance free protection from organic vapours, gases and very fine dusts, fibres, and fumes

I am planning on opening up windows (for fugitives to escape) damping down with Jeyes, leaving it for about 10 minutes, and then tackling a few feet at a time, my hope is to be able to hire a skip with a chute so I can just ooof it all out the window in to the skip.

The photos show one of the bad rooms (so far, one room hasn't been looked in yet as it's still housing flappy crappers) and the stairs.... 

12 2017 guano bed corpses.jpg

12 2017 stairs from lounge.jpg

May not be applicable but if you have solid floors you could consider a hose pipe plus shovel  if there is a lot lot lot  of it. Or even a jet washer. 

This is from experience of a flock of geese living in a stable where the floor would gain inches of compressed goose poo at a rate of knots.

Ducks were worse, but not much worse.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

The floors are all floorboards, I'm hoping the bedroom floorboards have had enough 'hoarded crap' to have protected them from the 'flappy crap' but the ceilings / attic flooring will have to come out, that will be saturated!

I've lived on a farm, kept hens, ducks, pigs, rabbits, horses, goats, guinea pigs etc and have never even considered a mask..... this is a new experience even for me... layers upon layers of fragrant guano! 

A few foot at a time.... go outside and breath... few more foot... plenty of Jeyes... even kills birdflu! (plus I love the smell of it!)

OK will go and look at the barrows, I need it to wheel rubbish / soil etc from back garden to the skip.

Edited by Vision Of Heaven

4 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

The best barrow I ever had was a ball barrow, but the chap went into hoovers.

Best of luck.

Your cat reminds me of one of mine...... I am a cat fiend.... Horses are my fave animals but you know.... you cant get many of them to a lounge.... cats...... love...... cats..... I haz free katzes at the moment and they make me mis-spell everything to do with them.... magical animzls...... (plus I am 1/2 Czech)

Miska (Mishka) - means mouse

Siska (Shishka) - means dumpling

Whisper..... well yeah she was named by my American hubba!

I did have an amazing Tom Cat called Spider...... he had black fur, black whiskers and was built like a bear....... someone stole him.... (ok this is turning in to a pet thing, is there a pet section? lol )

Don’t buy a cheap barrow, if you buy a goodun you will still have it in a few years time so divide the cost by many years service and it will work out at pennies. 

We have swapped all work barrows over to solid tyres, not the old fashioned solid things your grandparents had but they are like a solid foam with rubber outer, no more punctures, about £55 wheelbarrow and wheel. 

• Like 1