Hey from Essex... xx

Yzzy

22 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Never EVER speak ill of the Henry. Guys a legend and would suck a golf ball through a hosepipe. The amount of shit that gone in mine is ridiculous, but it refuses to die, and the suction is as it was the day I took him in. 

Buy one asap, used with warranty is good off eBay. Dont buy used without a warranty. 

Is the 'Hetty' any good?  :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

Is the 'Hetty' any good?  :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Only if it’s the pre - EU standard one that had the 1800w motor .. new ones with the 1000w motors are rubbish ..!

Inside every one is a Numatic motor - these come up on eBay much cheaper than Henry’s (grey industrial ones) yet are identical inside. 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 08:54, Yzzy said:

Yes, someone else said this..... I'm a bit dubious about starting a fire though as we ave no running water, we currently ferry 2l bottles of water back and forth refilling in our home and taking to the house lol

Fit a Wickes £35 water butt to your existing drainpipes? Or two?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

suck a golf ball through a hosepipe.

HA! First time I heard that was when I was courting my husband! lol

Anyway...... I think we may give a Henry a go.. (if the guy on FB replies... £25!!) 

Edited by Yzzy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

Ebay is good for bags, 20 packs are cheap enough. Get the cloth ones ( white ) not the paper ones. 

This guy says his Henry is bagless.... is that bad?

never had one before.. or even used one! 

Just now, Nickfromwales said:

Like your hubby by the sounds of things PMSL :D

LOL He doesn't need encouragement!!! 

hubby is from Arkansas and is the funniest person I have ever met .... the bagless comment came from the guy on FB selling the bloody Henry!!! 

Something cute to start the day....

This is Gizmo (aka Banoffee or Fatty)

And her siblings Minka, Biscuit and Shadow in the shadows there.... Our kittens who are 7 weeks old and REALLY ANNOYING, but almost ready to go to their new homes.... Apart from Mink... whom I have fallen for *sigh*

Gizmo.jpg

Minka et al.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PeterW said:

In other words he’s never put a bag in it ... filter will be knackered so order one of these and a pack of these as @Nickfromwales says.. 

One of the guys we had onsite used a Henry. He admitted that he'd bought it second hand and had used it on building sites for years before realising it was even possible to put a bag in it! He figured it had lasted that long without a bag, so why start now. He's since had several more bagless years out of it.

I wouldn't go bagless anywhere I wanted to keep the dust down though.

• Like 1

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Am I permitted to swear?

If I do will I be banned?

I am a peace loving hippie and don't as a rule swear but

FUCKING (expletive deleted) FUCKITY BOLLOX (expletive deleted)!!!!!

Some nasty little see you next Tuesdays decided while we popped to the shop they would pop o to our porch roof and take most of our lead flashing...

FUCKERS!!!!!

Luckily a neighbour saw them and said "Oiy, you .... who asked you to do this?"

The assholes on the roof told him to (expletive deleted) off so he started taking photographs ....

Have posted it all over facebook... Police are on it...

sad thing is.. they are Heroin addicts.. so even if they do catch them nothing will be done about the FUCKITY (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) damage to my fuckity (expletive deleted) fucking porch roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok... I think I spent my life quota of rude words.... am now going to go and silently weep into my wine...

*whispers* Utter knobs!!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Yzzy said:

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Am I permitted to swear?

If I do will I be banned?

I am a peace loving hippie and don't as a rule swear but

FUCKING (expletive deleted) FUCKITY BOLLOX (expletive deleted)!!!!!

Some nasty little see you next Tuesdays decided while we popped to the shop they would pop o to our porch roof and take most of our lead flashing...

FUCKERS!!!!!

Luckily a neighbour saw them and said "Oiy, you .... who asked you to do this?"

The assholes on the roof told him to (expletive deleted) off so he started taking photographs ....

Have posted it all over facebook... Police are on it...

sad thing is.. they are Heroin addicts.. so even if they do catch them nothing will be done about the FUCKITY (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) damage to my fuckity (expletive deleted) fucking porch roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok... I think I spent my life quota of rude words.... am now going to go and silently weep into my wine...

*whispers* Utter knobs!!!

Utter filth. 

The guys who nicked your lead that is. 

Now go and wash your mouth with soap whilst I go and buy a bag of f*ck stars to edit that with tomorrow.

F*ck me ?

?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Yzzy said:

NAh, @Hecateh and I thought of a few words you haven’t used. We have had a combo of red and white wine and think your reaction was entirely appropriate. Hope they catch the bar stewards! 

Edited by newhome
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

oohhhhh... wasnt I cross!!!

Well they caught the guys and then let them go as CPS said not enough evidence (despite witnesses and photographs) so it's NFA....

More like NFJ.... No Flippin Justice!

We have set up an old PC with a WiFi dongle and a webcam running iSpy camera surveillance on it... we can access it via Teamviewer from home / mobile too so some reassurance... 

Would be brilliant if the flippin pigeons didn't keep triggering it lmao

2 minutes ago, vivienz said:

Couldn't you train all those pigeons to crap all over anyone who tries the same thing?  Enough crap comes out of the birds, it would be nice to see it put to a good use.

That's it!!! Genius.... My new business!

Yzzy's Security Pigeons..... Trap them with Crap! 

• 1 month later...

oohhhh I've been pottering about doing silly stuff to the house waiting for a bank loan to be approved... IT HAS BEEN.... so, money should hit the bank in the next 10 days.

I Cant wait to get started on REAL work on the house!!! 

• Like 4

I am actaully going to be sick.... the last month has crawled by. 

Money should be in bank on Friday..... and then a neighbour stood outside with us today looking at it and said "so, yo've got a loan, hope it was for £100k or more... you'll not get it livable under that"

It made me feel like sh*t.

The loan we have managed to get is for 50!!!!

I just want it livable, not palatial..... proper downer. :(

14 minutes ago, Yzzy said:

Money should be in bank on Friday..... and then a neighbour stood outside with us today looking at it and said "so, yo've got a loan, hope it was for £100k or more... you'll not get it livable under that"

It made me feel like sh*t.

Don't let the bastards get you down. If you've a costed plan, then who cares what some random punter with no skin in the game says?

There's your challenge right there for you. Do you absolute best to finish your house and then stand out at your gate with a big smug smile on your face and an even bigger middle finger raised when he goes by.