Gap to leave for integrated appliances?

Hopefully this is a straightforward one.

My kitchen is a straight run of units that comes to 4m total, with an integrated fridge and dishwasher, both full size (600mm nominal).

I have two doors to be fitted to the appliances, which are yet to be bought. These measure just under 600mm.

I'm at the stage of getting the unit levelled up and fixed to the wall, so I need to know exactly what gap to leave. Do I want to make this exactly the same as the door, or a little bit under, so that the door closes against the carcasses on either side?

Cheers

54 minutes ago, Lesgrandepotato said:

Bang on 600mm in my experience. The door will be about 597mm?

It's a few mm under 600- will have to measure it tomorrow.

I thought that if I put the carcasses either side exactly 600mm apart, then the door wouldn't actually cover the gap...?

It’s  always easier to fit the appliances at the same time as you fit the units ,this is because you can level them up. with the  carcase sides before the worktops are fitted.If that is not possible I always left a gap of 602mm.If one of the appliances is a dishwasher the integrated door goes back between the carcase sides when you open it,if the gap is less than 600mm it can rub.Also the plinth top will need a cutout under the door.You can always cut a piece of timber to 602mm to keep the gap top and bottom between the units.

The door gap can be easily adjusted when you fit the appliances with the carcase doors each side.

Another thing to help with the fit is to try to have a filler between carcasses and walls so you can scribe them in if they are out of true,it also helps if you have drawers near to walls to stop them fowling the wall.

Perhaps check if the appliances are designed to be fixed to the adjacent cabinet wall. Our dish washer came fixings for this to help stop it moving. Cant use them if there is a another appliance like a fridge next door.

understand what you mean, appliance 600mm, unit 600mm overall and door shuts on the carcase edge, therefore inside opening less than 600mm, as you state door doesn't cover gap.

i think you have two options, order an appliance sized door 627mm, probably don't do them! or butcher a unit. appliance will possibly be 590mm so you could rip side to a width which includes fixing for hinges and fix to side of adjoining unit, may need to push appliances right back, attach rip to opposite unit. 

this should give illusion of a solid carcase behind door.

Are both the fridge and dishwasher free standing intergrated appliances ?

If they are ,the intergrated doors attach directly to the appliance .These appliances are designed to fit in a 600 space between units.

As I said before I allow 602 for tolerance, but 600 would be fine.Note that if there are pipes or other obstructions behind these appliances you will need deeper worktops.

I would go for a 600mm gap, cut a couple of bits of timber as spacers to get everything fixed / laid out before you fit the D/W or fridge. 

The last house we rented, the kitchen had been built around the integrated D/W which resulted in it being very snugly fitted. That was fine until it stopped working. It was a struggle to get it out and impossible to get a replacement in as the gap was 596mm. 

Given you are going high end holiday let, you need to be able to get appliances in and out quickly and easily if a repair is ever needed.