Aerosol air tightnes

Miek

40 minutes ago, ProDave said:

for the rest of the time we owned the car

How long was that? I think that was the issue....it didn't last long on mine. And when you bought a crock it was already likely  patched with radweld.  There was quite a business in rad repairs and replacements. Something is much better now.

Wasn't egg white suggested too?

8 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

How long was that? I think that was the issue....it didn't last long on mine. And when you bought a crock it was already likely  patched with radweld.  There was quite a business in rad repairs and replacements. Something is much better now.

Wasn't egg white suggested too?

6 months max, yes it was an old car. But it was a lot easier than the likely grief of 2 rusted snapped studs trying to fix it properly.

They are guaranteeing 10 years and have accelerated tested it to 40 years according to their website. A combination of membrane, tape, and careful detailing with this stuff plugging the tiniest of leaks could be a way to great results but you still need to do the former really well. 

13 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

There's no reason it couldn't be redone in the future.  

Say, after 20 years you redo it.

Worth staying in the house, will end up as sexy as this once all the cracks, holes and wrinkles are filled.

image.png.8dd9a7c775e2879db35d8850c2c2f215.png

Might be PVC in the image, but you get the idea.

• Haha 1