Hello from Dundee

DenkiJidousha

My username is Denki jidousha (電気 自動車) which is Japanese for electric car. I'm on twitter as https://twitter.com/DenkiJidousha

I discovered the Build Hub via the older ebuild forum (which still exists in read only form), which had some great information on the SunampPV product which I was reading up on as part of planning for a solar installation (PV). Using solar electricity to charge an electric car is great if you're at home during the day. Right now the prices of home batteries do not seem to make sense versus the current price of electricity. However, using a heat battery to offset gas costs might...

I've also found browsing the forum useful for thinking about other house upgrades, including replacing failing double glazing units.

21 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Hi, welcome to the FORUM and how are things in the only other city with a V&A!?

It's not open yet!.  But it might get a lot busier when it does!  And welcome to the forum, Denki.

Colin

Thanks everyone. Heh heh - yes, most folk here are quite looking forward to the new V&A opening later this year - the outside is about done and looks glorious.

Dundee also claims to be the sunniest city on Scotland (which bodes well for my solar panel aspirations)  ;)