Council infrastructure levy

Russell griffiths

Can anybody tell me is the cil payable for a replacement dwelling, I mean if you already had a house that you are going to replace then surely what additional infrastructure is needed ?

if it is applicable how do I go about getting my exemption, as it is a self build, dying to get started but must get these issues sorted first. 

Cheers. 

Follow the council process...

Will be on the website but basically you have to apply to be a self builder before ANY commencement of activity and then wait for them to acknowledge it. Once done, you have to then provide evidence of completion within 6 months of getting the completion certificate from Building Control.

12 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Can anybody tell me is the cil payable for a replacement dwelling, I mean if you already had a house that you are going to replace then surely what additional infrastructure is needed ?

if it is applicable how do I go about getting my exemption, as it is a self build, dying to get started but must get these issues sorted first. 

Cheers. 

This recent post is very helpful as also refers to previous thread if CIL applicable, council adopted CIL etc.

Regarding the amount, it depends on your own council.  Barnsley Council, where I life has adopted it but the amount payable varies according to the area between £0 and £80 per sqm.  Luckily for me, my build is in a £0.00 area.  A win for once.

I found it by looking up CIL on the council web site.

42 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

I mean if you already had a house that you are going to replace then surely what additional infrastructure is needed ?

I believe the rules are that if you are adding more the 100m2 to an existing residential unit then CIL is owing on the extra. But check the rules, not sure if that was a local rule or a National one.

The exemption is easy to get, but you must take the appropriate actions before commencement and after 3 years. An out line is acknowledging that you are responsible for paying CIL, then giving notice that you are about to start, which must be before you do start, and then confirming after 3 years that you still reside at the address. But read the rules to check how they apply to you.

Edit: cross-posted - I see that your LPA haven't implemented CIL yet.

Edited by IanR