Just been left high and dry (literally!) with hardcore that is too high. Now what???

oranjeboom

9 hours ago, Onoff said:

Get digging, it's cheaper than the gym and the beer tastes better at the end of it! xD

Hear hear. I have lost a stone in weight and 2" off my waist in the last year of building. I have gone back to having to wear a belt to keep my trousers up.

As Ferdinand says, adding skirt insulation can be a significant help as it pretty much totally removes the edge losses,  With a renovation, where there will be little insulation and not much hope of a cold-bridge free wall to floor junction otherwise, this can make a worthwhile difference, just by reducing the rate of heat loss around the periphery,  My guess is that this may well make up for having less underfloor insulation.

As ever, you are where you are, and after exploring your options you pays your money and takes your choice.

Best of luck.

I am now settling in to tonight's hotel, and the room is actually quite interesting design-wise so I may do a thread.

No complimentary brandy, though :-(, but in Hilton Doubletrees you get a welcome cookie.

Off soon to visit some more garden squares ... also some are inspirational designs in small spaces.

Ferdinand

Have you priced the difference in the EPS v PIR? 

I was looking for 200mm of PIR v 300mm of EPS and the EPS was coming out more expensive for the same u-value.

Perhaps there are more reasonable prices for EPS over there but I was shocked by the quotes I got back.