Proper Downlights / Airtight

Onoff

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

If from CPC then guessing one of these:

http://cpc.farnell.com/search?st=v-tac 6w led panel downlight round

3 on that link are 110mm cut out so it'll likely be one of those Peter got. (The other's 75mm).

Yep those are the ones although as they were in the paper catalog they were less than the prices on the web... 

11 minutes ago, oranjeboom said:

I included wrong link (meant this CPC one) but that one you included @Onoff is even better priced. Thanks!

Thanks PeterW for confirming. Will go into town today and see if they have a hardcopy catalogue that still has the better price in there.

I think Peter means the CPC paper catalogue they send through every now and again after you buy stuff from them. They have specials in. 

Toolstation prices will be online...even the specials.

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I think Peter means the CPC paper catalogue they send through every now and again after you buy stuff from them. They have specials in. 

Toolstation prices will be online...even the specials.

Yes, I thought I had a local branch....doh. Was getting confused with CEF!  I just checked their (CPC) June specials cat online but none in there so will probably just order at this price anyway, as still affordable!

I was going to order from China direct but a bit wary of safety concerns even though they are low-voltage etc.

6 hours ago, oranjeboom said:

Yes, I thought I had a local branch....doh. Was getting confused with CEF!  I just checked their (CPC) June specials cat online but none in there so will probably just order at this price anyway, as still affordable!

I was going to order from China direct but a bit wary of safety concerns even though they are low-voltage etc.

CE can stand for China Export you realise? Seriously....the mark is subtly different from the "Conformite Europeenne" mark.

CEF aren't cheap but the quality is usually there. I paid twice the price for some galv 20mm couplers in a hurry but the steel is twice the thickness. Also service varies from branch to branch.

Edited by Onoff