Completion certificate

ryder72

6 hours ago, Caroline said:

Thank you, really appreciate your advice.  I can now move out of our temp (nearly 3 year) converted leaking stable/shed!

I'm not questioning anyone's personal experiences.

I gave up my search late August this year after following up every referral made here in previous threads on this type of topic.  Buidhub no, Protek no, Hiscox no, Quoterack no, GSI no, etc etc.  I didn't just take no from these organisations 'basic call handlers'...I elevated my enquiry such that it got proper attention, for example through numerous departments at GSI and approaching the problem from different standpoints.....for example asset protection rather than contents insurance.

I went to a couple of brokers to source something, no. 

...sorry i mean to say more but have to go.....

I tried sorting out insurance earlier this year, but when I started rattling off the list of things still to do, nobody would quote, so I renewed the site insurance for another year.

I will try again in the spring, when hopefully the list will just be the sun room is still under construction and see if anyone will quote.

MY site insurance says it converts to buildings and contents when you move in so I assume I am covered.

18 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I tried sorting out insurance earlier this year, but when I started rattling off the list of things still to do, nobody would quote, so I renewed the site insurance for another year.

I will try again in the spring, when hopefully the list will just be the sun room is still under construction and see if anyone will quote.

MY site insurance says it converts to buildings and contents when you move in so I assume I am covered.

Our site insurance is with Build Zone.  The woman I spoke to yesterday said once we move in the site insurance is no longer valid.  She failed to tell me about Sennocke who is in the same building as Buildzone, a sort of sister company (I think) the guy at the insurers was shocked that Buildzone didn't tell me about them.  He said a lot of Self builders are in the same situation and it wasn't unusal.  Lucky for me I went on this forum or I would be in my leaky damp temp accomodation when my lovely house is finished.  Just waiting for one more certificate.

When we moved in we had let our site insurance lapse and taken out a normal insurance There was ten days when the house was empty 

The example the insurer used for those ten day was while your kitchen and deco is covered Something like a plasma tv or a expensive sofa isn’t

As soon as we moved in we where fully covered 

We received our building certificate 

(Sign off) about three months after moving in