Hansgrohe - Bath Filling

Can some kind sole just sense check my decision process please. As background:

After lots of dithering it seems that the Hansgrohe Showerselect range is the chosen mixer/diverter of choice for the bathrooms.

After lots of research it seems the term "showerselect" is not an overly helpful description as the units can be used for a bath filler too (they apparently come with a bag of different symbols to denote, showers, baths etc).

So in the main bathroom the boss wants a bath filling waste, wall mounted shower (just for hair etc whilst in the bath not for showering) and of course I need the appropriate control/diverter.

This unit seems to fit the bill nicely:

https://www.megabad.com/hersteller-hansgrohe-showerselect-thermostate-unterputz-2-a-211909.htm

However, I then started to get nervous of the fact that Hansgrohe do two different versions of showerselect. The standard flow rate as per the one I linked to which can deliver 26lm and a high flow which delivers 59lm. But, the high flow units don't come with the ability to divert to 2/3 sources, they are single source only.

Getting to the point! I can't see that high flow is needed? 26lm is more than my mains water pressure can deliver anyway. I just keep worrying because the title "showerselect" doesn't sound very "bath" :)

(Yes, I know before someone says it. Overthinking it again!)

Edited by Barney12

The highflow range is designed for those multijet systems, so overhead + side jets + hand shower all at the same time:

You have the highflow, followed by 3 selector followed by the outlets, you can select 1, 2 or all 3 at the same time, thus necessitating high flow rates.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, le-cerveau said:

The highflow range is designed for those multijet systems, so overhead + side jets + hand shower all at the same time:

You have the highflow, followed by 3 selector followed by the outlets, you can select 1, 2 or all 3 at the same time, thus necessitating high flow rates.

Ah, now it makes sense! Why can’t they make things mor descriptive and simple :) 

32 minutes ago, PeterW said:

26l/min is an average bath in 5-6 mins. 

Not unreasonable for a perfect temperature bath ..?  

Yes. Enough time to get the pack of Peroni out of the fridge downstairs :D

Not that I can remember the last time I had a bath. No time for such luxury :/ 

@Barney12

Ive just fitted one of those. Nice bits of kit but remember there's no flow attenuation as the buttons give a simple 100% on / off ;). You can throttle down unruly shower handsets with flow restrictors, and will need doing afaic as the shower for hair wash ( in bath ) would be too lively without it. 

I think you can fit the restrictor into the wall outlet end of the shower / handset hose and just try different flow rates until your happy  ?

5 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

there's no flow attenuation as the buttons give a simple 100% on / of

One reason i selected the Ecostat E series for out bath fillers, they have variable flow and there is an option with 2 outlets, so one way to fill the bath the other way for the hand shower.

We have no bath showers, rather separate shower stalls, so I just have the single outlet versions.

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Don’t these also need the i-box too so that’s another €50 on the price.

Yes, they all need an ibox, that is the idea, you insert the ibox into the wall with all the pipework, finish, plaster/skin/whatever, and then after fit the front, and later if you want you can change front plate with minimal fuss.  The important thing is to fit the ibox and the pipework correctly and later on decide on the front panel of choice.

The iboxes are as good as the showers. 

They come with a fitted 2-way bridge that connects cold in to outlet 1, and hot in to outlet 2 etc so you can fit the ibox, cap the remote outlets and pressure test, and then connect a bit of flexi to the outlets in order to fully flush the system before mounting the chosen control valve. 

Excellent bits of kit imo, and worth every penny.  

Edited by Nickfromwales

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

@Barney12

Ive just fitted one of those. Nice bits of kit but remember there's no flow attenuation as the buttons give a simple 100% on / off ;). You can throttle down unruly shower handsets with flow restrictors, and will need doing afaic as the shower for hair wash ( in bath ) would be too lively without it. 

I think you can fit the restrictor into the wall outlet end of the shower / handset hose and just try different flow rates until your happy  ?

Hmmm, I think I’m going to need to explain this to the boss. Here we go again, hold on tight :/ 

3 hours ago, le-cerveau said:

One reason i selected the Ecostat E series for out bath fillers, they have variable flow and there is an option with 2 outlets, so one way to fill the bath the other way for the hand shower.

We have no bath showers, rather separate shower stalls, so I just have the single outlet versions.

Ecostat S square is a possible. But can I find anywhere that stocks the single outlet (needed for one shower) and the double outlet for bath and two other showers? Hell no, that would just be too simple :( 

it it does exist https://pro.hansgrohe.co.uk/articledetail-ecostat-square-thermostatic-mixer-for-1-outlet-for-concealed-installation-15712000.html?fsid=&pageid=&q= 

but megabad which is who the order is going in with (I think) don’t even list it. Argh!!!!

Edited by Barney12

1 hour ago, Barney12 said:

Ecostat S square is a possible. But can I find anywhere that stocks the single outlet (needed for one shower) and the double outlet for bath and two other showers? Hell no, that would just be too simple :( 

The Ecostat S is circular, Ecostat E rounded edges and Ecostat Square well square.  You need the 2 outlet one for 1 bath and 1 shower, the single outlet will only do a bath or shower only.

If you have a separate shower cubicle the fit the selects in the shower.