Everedge

lizzie

15 minutes ago, lizzie said:

A bit of a crossover topic as I am thinking of using Everedge on driveway and garden paving/lawn areas.

I thought I had seen mention of someone using but can’t locate the thread.

Anyone got any views or experience of it?

It was mentioned in @PeterStarck's blog the other day:

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

We have used all manner of these pre made edgings over the years, and found them to all be a bit flimsy and over priced. 

We now recommend standard mild steel in 100 x 4mm or 150 x 5mm both come in 6m lengths

we secure these in place with 16mm re bar tack welded to the back 

with a bit of care you can create some nice sweeping curves and some very sharp looking corners. 

If fitted down the side of a driveway any dodgy driving where a tyre rides over it will result in no damage to the edging, unlike the garden centre stuff that won’t like it one bit. 

The steel will rust to a nice brown colour and looks quite arty. 

I will try to find some pics. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

We have used all manor of these pre made edgings over the years, and found them to all be a bit flimsy and over priced. 

We now recommend standard mild steel in 100 x 4mm or 150 x 5mm both come in 6m lengths

we secure these in place with 16mm re bar tack welded to the back 

with a bit of care you can create some nice sweeping curves and some very sharp looking corners. 

If fitted down the side of a driveway any dodgy driving where a tyre rides over it will result in no damage to the edging, unlike the garden centre stuff that won’t like it one bit. 

The steel will rust to a nice brown colour and looks quite arty. 

I will try to find some pics. 

Great thanks much appreciated

+1 @Russell griffiths

We visited Cliveden House, which is a big National Trust property, and they were using this method for huge areas of  landscaping as parrt of the renovation of the original gardens around the house ( which is now a very exclusive hotel).  I thought at the time it was a very practical and clever idea

• Like 1

We used everedge in our current garden a few years back as all the beds, borders and grass areas have curved edges and keeping them that way could have been tricky but it works very well. I don't know the current price for it (steel has been cheap for a few years Now, but that's just the raw material) but we would consider using it again as it is a good products.

9 hours ago, vivienz said:

We used everedge in our current garden a few years back as all the beds, borders and grass areas have curved edges and keeping them that way could have been tricky but it works very well. I don't know the current price for it (steel has been cheap for a few years Now, but that's just the raw material) but we would consider using it again as it is a good products.

Thanks thats great.