Services under beam and block

I need to dig our service trenches next week prior to our beam and block floor being installed. I understand all the cable / pipe depth and spacing requirements in open ground but once the conduits enter the building through the foundation they have some distance to travel before rising up through the floor.

My question is do they need to remain buried at the same depths for this stretch or can they rise up to a shallower level as long as the necessary spacing is observed?

Many thanks

My opinion, and that's all it is, is that once the services are under a beam and block floor they are then safe from any risk of being dug up inadvertently and so I can't see any reason to keep things so deep. Perhaps the water should remain at 750mm to negate the risk of freezing and keep your local water company happy.

I have no doubt someone will come along in a minute and say completely the opposite :D

2 hours ago, RichS said:

My opinion, and that's all it is, is that once the services are under a beam and block floor they are then safe from any risk of being dug up inadvertently and so I can't see any reason to keep things so deep. Perhaps the water should remain at 750mm to negate the risk of freezing and keep your local water company happy.

I have no doubt someone will come along in a minute and say completely the opposite :D

Thanks, this is my thinking also. I can't find anything specific about requirements inside the foundation. I had considered insulating the water for this stretch if it could be shallower.

7 hours ago, bissoejosh said:

I need to dig our service trenches next week prior to our beam and block floor being installed. I understand all the cable / pipe depth and spacing requirements in open ground but once the conduits enter the building through the foundation they have some distance to travel before rising up through the floor.

My question is do they need to remain buried at the same depths for this stretch or can they rise up to a shallower level as long as the necessary spacing is observed?

Many thanks

I had a simalar dilemer last year

I ran armours cable under the house to save digging extra trenches 

I spoke to building control prior to doing this He said he didn’t have any problem with it 

As you say once the B&B is down they are unlikely to be disturbed