Garage door reveals blockwork

So it seems I have missed the fine detail on my vehicle garage doors. Brickies have constructed the reveal with a cavity and closed it by returning block with insulation strip and dpc in the same manner as a window.  The other day I was gazing in thought at the house and realised the sectional garage doors will be fixed internally to the inside blockwork skin.  What then would I do with the reveal:-

- leave as is and plaster over to internal skin (door face) with the dpc in place. Would dpc still be effective?

- remove insulation and dpc and close cavity completely with block, what then do I do for dpc to stop damp spread internally with a 215 mm internal leaf.

Some pics to help hopefully.

Thanks in advance.

20170725_215213.jpg

20170725_215347.jpg

20170821_172433.jpg

@Luckylad render will be k-rend. The whole house is 215mm internal skin for wind loading as specified by the engineer. I believe this is more specific to some areas of the house than others but kept it all the same. We are quite exposed and had a few walls blow down during construction. The garage won't be heated initially but we are putting provision in for it in the future if we decide we want it heated.

Ok ,I had a similar problem on a job . We glued and screwed render board on the reveals ,we had just enough depth on the garage door frames to do this

This bridged the join. Im guessing that’s scraped monocouche you’re having and not silicone,so I’d get a specification from k rend to put scraped render on cement board.

make sure you get the monocouche sealed ,it’ll add years before you have to clean it

Guest Alphonsox
17 minutes ago, vfrdave said:

@Declan52 my understanding is the tracks will be fixed to the back of the opening ie the inside skin leaving a 465mm reveal. 

@Alphonsox you can probably confirm how your tilt-a-door sectional was fitted, I hope to use them also.

As Declan says they're on inside tracks - The following picture should make things clearer.

Garage-door-fitting.jpg

Guest Alphonsox

Don't think that's anything to do with the DPF, from memory that is part of the sealing system fitted with the doors. It would be worth stopping in at Tilt-a-door (Jubilee road, Newtonards , just down from the MOT centre) and having a chat. I found them very helpful. Here are a couple more photos which may help.

Edited by Alphonsox
Image deleted due to copyright issues

1 hour ago, vfrdave said:

@Luckylad render will be k-rend. The whole house is 215mm internal skin for wind loading as specified by the engineer. I believe this is more specific to some areas of the house than others but kept it all the same. We are quite exposed and had a few walls blow down during construction. The garage won't be heated initially but we are putting provision in for it in the future if we decide we want it heated.

Just trim the dpc back Apply a 5 mill base coat and press fibre mesh into it Put a 10 stop bead against the garage door and render