Lidl SDS Drill - Impulse Buy

Onoff

Suitably impressed with this Titan in that it cored over 600mm in concrete at 65mm dia.

However...no reverse function which is a bit crazy not to have imo. Also it didn't come with a spare set of brushes.

Also the front grip is a metal band type that grips rather than locking into notches. You really need that tight as the drill is a potential wrist buster!

Edited by Onoff

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

Also the front grip is a metal band type that grips rather than locking into notches. You really need that tight as the drill is a potential wrist buster!

I think all the Titan SDSs have safety clutches? Not sure where the threshold sits though... 

9 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

I think all the Titan SDSs have safety clutches? Not sure where the threshold sits though... 

Yes mine has but still needs both hands!.

Edited by joe90

1 hour ago, MJNewton said:

Yes mine has.  The first time I jammed a bit and the clutch operated, I thought I had stripped the gearbox.

• 2 weeks later...

My Titan SDS died on me on a job this morning. It had drilled several holes then it was just dead.  not the brushes.

A quick on site diagnosis found it was the trigger switch.  It was a 2 pole switch and one pole has given up.  Quick patch and it lives another day now working with a single pole switch.

I wonder what the chances of finding a new switch are?

21 minutes ago, ProDave said:

wonder what the chances of finding a new switch are?

Zero I imagine. My Erbauor jigsaw did the same, no spares anywhere so I “grafted” another switch from a broken tool into it with araldite and it lives another day (there is wisdom in not throwing anything away ?).