UFH commissioning for Building Control

Alex C

My building control officer has asked  "If you have underfloor heating, this should have a commissioning form completed to show that it has been balanced, tested and commissioned properly."

The layout was drawn up by MBC and laid in my slab. I connected it to a manifold and the plumber did the rest, so he didn't actually design the system or give me any flow values. I have an 8 port manifold but just run everything as one zone so super simple. Is there an official certificate that Building control are going to want or could it be just a note from my plumber to say he installed it properly? I have measured the floor temp all over the slab and there is one loop that is running a degree hotter than the rest and one running a degree colder. Do I just increase the flow in the cold zone and restrict it in the hot one? All ports on the manifold are currently running at 1.5 to 2 l/s with the pump running at half speed.

There is a commissioning check list in here pages 46 and 47..

http://www.johnguest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/UFH-Tech-Doc-Z2105-387-0914WEB.pdf

Perhaps make up a similar one or tell the BCO you did a DIY installation and used  johnguest form.

Edit: Our BCO never asked for one.

Edited by Temp