Insuring goods in a warehouse (not self-storage)

We have to store our windows for a short while. They are in a proper warehouse. The insurance cover that comes as part of the storage  is poor.

I can find lots of insurance quotes for self-storage: but this isn't. Its storage in a warehouse, pending further shipment.

I have looked for insurance policies that are suited for this bit of the market: so far I have only found one and it looks to me like a colander.

Has anyone faced this issue ? Did you insure your goods in a warehouse (not self-store). I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Ian

My Construction Policy  ( a Zurich Construction Combined Policy, copy attached ) had Goods in Transit coverage - see Section D, page 16 and your policy  may have something similar.

Now whilst the cover for Goods in Transit cover may not  cover storage, as you are specifically requiring, it may be worth a telephone call to your broker to see if they will add the limited cover extension you require to your Construction Policy.  This may be the cheapest way of obtaining this cover...

On a similar thought (and you may have already tried this without success), request the window supplier to hold the windows in their facility or in a storage facility that they usually use.  Again, this may the cheapest option, even if you have to pay additional storage costs, including insurance,

Construction_Combined_2014 Policy Doc.pdf

Edited by HerbJ

• 2 years later...