Standing seam roof

Pete

Is that a metal roof? It looks very nice.

We have the same standing seam finish look on ours but it is single ply membrane not metal looks just the same and less chance of coming home from holiday to find the roof stripped LOL

36 minutes ago, lizzie said:

We have the same standing seam finish look on ours but it is single ply membrane not metal looks just the same and less chance of coming home from holiday to find the roof stripped LOL

Yes it is a metal roof, Tata steel but purchased through Catnic.

• Like 1

We looked at Tata but decided on smp in the end. We are very exposed and we could bond the rubber down, Ive had metal in the past and with our howling winds thought it to risky.

It looks very nice you must be really pleased with it.

That looks really nice Pete. We are waiting on our planning and hopefully we'll be using the same Tata steel for the roof and elements of the cladding (with BIPVco PV on the southern roof elevation) and concealed gutters. Is that concealed guttering in your second photo?

4 minutes ago, Russdl said:

That looks really nice Pete. We are waiting on our planning and hopefully we'll be using the same Tata steel for the roof and elements of the cladding (with BIPVco PV on the southern roof elevation) and concealed gutters. Is that concealed guttering in your second photo?

Yes that is the concealed gutter. We are using the coloured matched gutter and fascia on the roof terrace and garage.

Hi @Pete I’ve booked myself on the catnic course on the 23rd of this month, so I may find some answers out but I will try you first. 

Looks really good by the way. 

Is the hidden gutter a standard made thing or did you have it folded just for your project ?

what sort of fall did you put on the gutter, it looks quite shallow. 

Any pics of the outlet to the gutter. 

What was the average length of sheet you used, they look like good lengths. 

How many metres did you get done, in what time period ?

Did you do this with just the misses or did you have any other help ?

Would you do it yourself again ?

how much dosh do you think you saved doing it yourself ?  

Bloody hell dont don’t I ask a lot of questions, 

if you have time any answers would be most appreciated. 

Cheers russ. 

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Hi @Pete I’ve booked myself on the catnic course on the 23rd of this month, so I may find some answers out but I will try you first. 

Looks really good by the way. 

Is the hidden gutter a standard made thing or did you have it folded just for your project ?

what sort of fall did you put on the gutter, it looks quite shallow. 

Any pics of the outlet to the gutter. 

What was the average length of sheet you used, they look like good lengths. 

How many metres did you get done, in what time period ?

Did you do this with just the misses or did you have any other help ?

Would you do it yourself again ?

how much dosh do you think you saved doing it yourself ?  

Bloody hell dont don’t I ask a lot of questions, 

if you have time any answers would be most appreciated. 

Cheers russ. 

i sent you  PM Russ

• Like 1

Looks great Pete, did you install yourself?

Off to Tata Steel Deeside on Wednesday with the trailer to collect my 3 roofs and wall panels. I ordered on the 8th December so impressed with the turnaround.

On 1/8/2018 at 14:04, lizzie said:

Hi Lizzie

Interested in the single ply membrane you mention as I am also in a high wind area, and I am concerned re noise of metal roof. How does it compare cost wise to the Tata product, which does look very nice on the above job. I haven't ruled out steel but checking out my options. Many thanks.

Hi Albert

We had a complicated 3 part roof with a flattened out upward curve at each end with a flat area between the two curving up bits and this flat area houses the hidden gutter as water runs down the slope from either side into it.

For about 280sqm laid with standing seam profiles it was circa 20k and that is laid onto a boarded deck, that price excludes the boarding. We used Fatra in RAL 7012 Lead Grey. Comes with an insurance backed guarantee is BBA certified and I am told it is pretty bomb proof.  We have a powder coated aluminium border round the edge of ours as we are not a conventional pitched roof. I saw examples of some done nigh on 20 years ago (the pic of the pointy roofs)  that as good today as the day they were done. Cant find a birds eye pic of the finished roof but here are some of construction of roof hidden gutter and one of garage when they were puttinE891A007-B5D6-4554-BC2D-67ADAC28AF53.thumb.jpeg.5141ecd4f0d7db5c4fd73a3634429cbb.jpeg8461149E-0219-4C46-80B7-22DDF828C326.thumb.jpeg.120250e1bb30ad7030de58734f011ebc.jpegg putting the profiles on.

Having had several metal roofs before I am very happy with this system as an alternative to the metal roof finish. Its a warm roof on an MBC house and we have passive standard sun pipes going through as well (all approved by mbc at design stage). From customer point of view it worked like a dream.

066DAF97-A389-4F29-8BFE-76BFDDC5B38E.jpeg.ae15930ae12b2ac9a2de716998369f29.jpeg7DB08B08-EFCC-44BB-BDCF-97D39B363137.jpeg.29d14bd27765ca515f23068018fa1e4b.jpeg

7E044871-3839-4E2C-BB74-1C11EAC8E796.jpeg

1 hour ago, lizzie said:

Hi Albert

We had a complicated 3 part roof with a flattened out upward curve at each end with a flat area between the two curving up bits and this flat area houses the hidden gutter as water runs down the slope from either side into it.

For about 280sqm laid with standing seam profiles it was circa 20k and that is laid onto a boarded deck, that price excludes the boarding. We used Fatra in RAL 7012 Lead Grey. Comes with an insurance backed guarantee is BBA certified and I am told it is pretty bomb proof.  We have a powder coated aluminium border round the edge of ours as we are not a conventional pitched roof. I saw examples of some done nigh on 20 years ago (the pic of the pointy roofs)  that as good today as the day they were done. Cant find a birds eye pic of the finished roof but here are some of construction of roof hidden gutter and one of garage when they were puttinE891A007-B5D6-4554-BC2D-67ADAC28AF53.thumb.jpeg.5141ecd4f0d7db5c4fd73a3634429cbb.jpeg8461149E-0219-4C46-80B7-22DDF828C326.thumb.jpeg.120250e1bb30ad7030de58734f011ebc.jpegg putting the profiles on.

Having had several metal roofs before I am very happy with this system as an alternative to the metal roof finish. Its a warm roof on an MBC house and we have passive standard sun pipes going through as well (all approved by mbc at design stage). From customer point of view it worked like a dream.

066DAF97-A389-4F29-8BFE-76BFDDC5B38E.jpeg.ae15930ae12b2ac9a2de716998369f29.jpeg7DB08B08-EFCC-44BB-BDCF-97D39B363137.jpeg.29d14bd27765ca515f23068018fa1e4b.jpeg

7E044871-3839-4E2C-BB74-1C11EAC8E796.jpeg

Was that quote supply and fit