On 1/9/2018 at 13:23, PeterW said:

Thats just carbon film electric underfloor heating - no different to any of the systems that are used under laminate flooring. Be aware it can only be used under certain floor types too. 

For about a third of the cost you can fit standard under tile electric UFH at the outset and if you don’t want to use it, just switch it off ... 

I think there's more to it than normal LV UFH. It only heats up where it's needed. If the sun is shining on a patch of floor that patch will not heat.

4 minutes ago, graeme m said:

I think there's more to it than normal LV UFH. It only heats up where it's needed. If the sun is shining on a patch of floor that patch will not heat.

Thats a standard property of carbon film resistance heating  - the warmer it gets the less it conducts. It doesn’t care if the heat is from the electrical resistance or from an external heat source, it will self regulate. 

It’s the same technology that has been used in trace heating tape for years. 

On 1/14/2018 at 21:42, PeterW said:

Thats a standard property of carbon film resistance heating  - the warmer it gets the less it conducts. It doesn’t care if the heat is from the electrical resistance or from an external heat source, it will self regulate. 

It’s the same technology that has been used in trace heating tape for years. 

I never said it was a new thing.

On 11/01/2018 at 14:39, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

@le-cerveau Thank you for your reply.

It is just me by myself.

I will go back & question BPC a bit more.

They are my preferred option.

I will ask them to put me in touch with an installer.

Does anyone have any other ideas for a supply & fit?

Hello

how did you get on with bpc?

I’m thinking of using them.

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, graeme m said:

I'm now looking at the Nilan Compact P system. I like everything in one box. Ducting is blooming expensive though.

That looks very similar to the Genvex Combi 185LS that I have installed in our house. It provides ventilation, hot water and warm air heating. I used plastic ducting which has worked well.

S1010006.thumb.JPG.0448aac8acbc3b1f30660ff28ef8a434.JPG

14 minutes ago, graeme m said:

How does the warm air heating work? Is the only heating you have?

It has a built in EASHP which heats the water and heats the ventilation supply air up to 40C. That is supplementary heating because we also have electric towel rails in each of the three 'bathrooms'. These are 300W but are turned down to around 200W and are on eight hours a day. The heat from these is recovered and heats the supply air. We are not living in the house yet but it's kept at around 19C/20C. The Genvex Combi185LS has worked well for us so far but ours is a very low energy house.

On 16/02/2018 at 16:25, PeterStarck said:

It has a built in EASHP which heats the water and heats the ventilation supply air up to 40C. That is supplementary heating because we also have electric towel rails in each of the three 'bathrooms'. These are 300W but are turned down to around 200W and are on eight hours a day. The heat from these is recovered and heats the supply air. We are not living in the house yet but it's kept at around 19C/20C. The Genvex Combi185LS has worked well for us so far but ours is a very low energy house.

I'm building Passive certified. The Nilan is similar but it's £5000 here plus the tubing which is £2500 (silver lined apparently).

2 minutes ago, graeme m said:

I'm building Passive certified. The Nilan is similar but it's £5000 here plus the tubing which is £2500 (silver lined apparently).

The silver coating is to prevent bacteria etc forming on the inside surface. I don't know if that is overkill or not, sounds like it might be to me. Do you have to use their ducting, so it would invalid a warranty if you don't for instance.

https://www.electrical2go.co.uk/heatrae-sadia-hru-eco-4-apartment-unit-hrueco4apart.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk-C0vtnA2QIVSrftCh204w7iEAQYCiABEgKGqfD_BwE

I installed this unit over 2 floors   5 extracts and 5 supply vents with wireless controllers.

Power consumption is 6 watts slow speed, 12 watts on mid speed, and 48 watts on boost!

Runs on slow speed  continually and boost when required  humidity is very comfortable.

Filters are easy to source and replace  around £20 a set.