Guarantee

Luckylad

Happy New year to everyone. 

I had 2 quotes so far for my aluminium windows on my new build and both of them say they'll only offer a 5 year guarantee on the double glazed units. 

Is that standard procedure now?

I haven't bought any windows for about 12 years, i always thought the guarantee was 10 years.

Every supplier will be different and the guarantee/warranty  should be part of your selection criteria.

I fitted Gaulhofer 3G windows ( Austrian), aluminium clad with exterior with Larch wood interior.  Their Warranty/Guarantee is as follows:

25 Year Gaurentee:

• Gaulhofer ensure that if required, your window and doors will be maintained by our experts in such a way, that their full function is retained over a period of 25 years.

20 Year Gaurentee:

• On the material bonding of wood on aluminium windows and doors
  • On all bonding of material and glass with the Gaulhofer special glassline multicomponent Pro glue.

10 Year Gaurentee:

• Against discolouration and cracking of the aluminium profiles
  • Against deformation and cracking of the white plastic profiles
  • Against deformation and cracking of the foiled plastic profiles

5 Year Gaurentee:

• On the function of window and door elements
  • On the protective function of the wood coating
  • Against the misting up of the insulation glass panes in the glap between the panes

4 hours ago, Luckylad said:

Happy New year to everyone. 

I had 2 quotes so far for my aluminium windows on my new build and both of them say they'll only offer a 5 year guarantee on the double glazed units. 

Is that standard procedure now?

I haven't bought any windows for about 12 years, i always thought the guarantee was 10 years.

Five years guarantee on the sealed units wouldn’t inspire me with confidence 

Mine have a ten year guarantee and I fitted them myself 

I would try elsewhere 

We have been very happy with the windows and doors  to date. We had a couple of issues on supply  which were resolved and the installation was completed efficiently.

They are very high quality windows and were relatively expensive.  That said, they were priced competitively against all the main competitors and we completed a full commercial and technical evaluation, including flying to Scotland to look at an installation of similar specification by Gaulhofer, before we finalised the contract. We had real problems geting interest from some company's to quote

We finalised the contract in May 2015 at 1.4 euros  to £ . 

@bitpipe  also installed Gaulhofer windows  in his new build house. The UK Agents are ECOWIN

P1030590.JPG

Edited by HerbJ
  • Like 1