Size is important

Hecateh

32 minutes ago, RichS said:

Hmmm, very good. I was going to install a bidet but these look better.

Being Yorkshire I think I will have to rename it though,  how's Shitoff sound :D??

Also being Yorkshire

Cheaper

Don't take up any valuable space

Nothing extra to clean

10 hours ago, JSHarris said:

Yes, but they are a LOT easier to use.  Mine has a thermostatic mixer valve that sets the temperature, so to use it you just point it down the pan, push the trigger and wait a few seconds for it to get to temperature (very quick if you run the hot tap on the basin first).  The jet of water is more powerful than a bidet and you can direct it exactly where it's needed. 

They really are fantastic bits of kit, and once you've got used to one you look back on the horrid practice of smearing one's backside with excrement using toilet paper with horror.  Quite why they aren't a standard toilet appliance here I don't know.  It was a Muslim friend who first showed me one, a few years ago, and I wanted to fit one to our old house, when I re-did the bathroom, but SWMBO wasn't having it.  This time I just fitted one when I built the bathroom and if she doesn't like it, then tough.............

@JSHarris - do you have a link on a recommended model?

4 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

@JSHarris - do you have a link on a recommended model?

The Ebay link above is very similar to the one I bought.  I opted for an all-stainless steel version, just because I wasn't 100% sure of the quality of the chrome on something bought sight unseen, but it seems that Ebay is as good a place as any to get one.  They don't seem to be around much in the bigger suppliers yet.  Make sure you get one with a thermostatic mixer, that connects to the hot and cold.  I fitted the thermostatic mixer under the basin, inside the built in cabinet and then plumbed the feed pipe to the shower fitting inside the adjacent WC cabinet, which made for a neat installation.

Edited by JSHarris
typo

39 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

I have a ‘shitoff’ unit like the one Jeremy linked to on a thermostatic mixer outside at the back of the garage. It’s absolutely perfect for washing down dirty dogs/humans after walking on the moor. Wouldn’t be without one now. 

But spray hosepipes are so mch more fun...

On 12/22/2017 at 15:32, Ferdinand said:

There is also probably something about cool built-in furniture in that sofa alcove

On 12/22/2017 at 18:08, Ferdinand said:

done by Peter Aldington at Turn End in about 1968

Reminds me of a small touring caravan.  You stand up and hit your head on a shelf.