Progress at last!

Our windows were installed about 3 weeks ago very badly by our timber frame contractors.

2 of the frames were damaged beyond repair & have had to be re-ordered from Denmark.

The 6m sliding patio doors were installed 25mm too low to achieve the finished floor level & many other problems.

They have all been taken out & re-installed this week, properly, by one of Ideal combi's registered installers.

The guys who did them were very professional & meticulous.

Have to say Ideal combi have been very helpful in getting this sorted out for us.

The cedar cladding had been started & looks lovely.

The weather last week stopped the stonemasons.

We are having ironstone & it was too cold for the lime mortar.

Ditto the render, has to be dry & above 5 degrees.

We are now weather tight & first fix wiring & plumbing booked in for early Jan.

The roofers arrived at 8am this morning & will finish the roof as much as they can until the render is done.

We are going to spend the Christmas break putting several coats of osmo on the rest of the cedar cladding before it is fitted.

The cedar already on has been treated but we might give it another coat, weather permitting.

After lots of delays & trauma we now feel that things are coming together.

DSC01333.JPG

DSC01373.JPG

DSC01377.JPG

• Like 4

Nothing worse than problems which have gone unnoticed, beyond where they can be economically or practically revisited. At least you've managed to turn that situation around. Are you project managing and delegated the window fitting, or did the TF company always have the tender in for that ?

Edited by Nickfromwales

Looking good, I'm sure you owe yourself a big congratulatory drink prior to the new year. First fix next? Make sure you get your ideas on lights, saintaryware etc together during the hols (if you haven't already), once your electrician and plumber start it can get pretty full-on.

Hi Nick,

I am trying to project manage the build.

I work full time & my husband is not well, so I am spread a bit thin.

The window debacle happened while my husband was in hospital so I could not be there to oversee the installation.

I have had a full refund from the timber frame company for the installation & they are paying for the replacement window frames.

I think the windows are a bit unusual & not something they had come across before.

We are very happy with the timber frame structure. The windows were just a step too far.

• Like 1

@Luckylad We are having an anthracite aluminium dry verge that will just cloak over the top of the cedar. It will be the same on the gable ends with the render.

We are also having anthracite aluminium box guttering.

@ragg987 I am hoping to pick up some lighting & Sanitary ware in the sales. I  have some already.

11 hours ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

Our windows were installed about 3 weeks ago very badly by our timber frame contractors.

2 of the frames were damaged beyond repair & have had to be re-ordered from Denmark.

The 6m sliding patio doors were installed 25mm too low to achieve the finished floor level & many other problems.

They have all been taken out & re-installed this week, properly, by one of Ideal combi's registered installers.

The guys who did them were very professional & meticulous.

Have to say Ideal combi have been very helpful in getting this sorted out for us.

The cedar cladding had been started & looks lovely.

The weather last week stopped the stonemasons.

We are having ironstone & it was too cold for the lime mortar.

Ditto the render, has to be dry & above 5 degrees.

We are now weather tight & first fix wiring & plumbing booked in for early Jan.

The roofers arrived at 8am this morning & will finish the roof as much as they can until the render is done.

We are going to spend the Christmas break putting several coats of osmo on the rest of the cedar cladding before it is fitted.

The cedar already on has been treated but we might give it another coat, weather permitting.

After lots of delays & trauma we now feel that things are coming together.

DSC01333.JPG

DSC01373.JPG

DSC01377.JPG

Looks really good 

The slating sets the cedar boarding off nicely