1 hour ago, JSHarris said:

It doesn't matter if that heat doesn't get out, though, does it?

Like I tried so say before, if you try and partition the eaves as a cold space, then yes you will be heating a smaller volume, but chances are it will be so hard to get the detail right that you will lose more heat into  the cold eaves space and end up with a higher heating bill.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Like I tried so say before, if you try and partition the eaves as a cold space, then yes you will be heating a smaller volume, but chances are it will be so hard to get the detail right that you will lose more heat into  the cold eaves space and end up with a higher heating bill.

Its ok I've got a  service void between the insulation and plasterboard.  

• 3 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 00:36, Bitpipe said:

Being the owner of a MBC passive standard house, I am happy to finally have a built in letter box in the new front wall vs a cardboard box that postie has used for the last 18 months, although I'll miss our chats.

A passive cat flap (£2k from memory) would also be welcome but aside from that I love the impact that air tightness & MVHR has on our house. When we had the recent -10 outside temps, we still could have the front door open for 20 mins with no draught or drop in temp.

@Bitpipe Please can you share details of your letter box and where you found a passive cat flap? Just finalising details of our passive standard house and would really like both!

Guest Alphonsox
9 hours ago, MirandaPoth said:

@Bitpipe Please can you share details of your letter box and where you found a passive cat flap? Just finalising details of our passive standard house and would really like both!

I have a friend with one of these fitted  in his Passive house, Around the $300 mark from the USA. It works very well.

https://energyefficientdogdoors.com/insulated-cat-door

On 29/03/2018 at 08:57, MirandaPoth said:

We did not do a passive cat flap, instead I run a concierge service for the cat who now comes and sits patiently by my feet when she wants to go out.

I think this is the one discussed a year or two back.

The letterbox came from here - you can get cheaper but we liked the finish of this one. We bought direct from the German supplier. Instructions in Polish.

Note, this is NOT a passive post box, its for our outside wall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1