The fitter spent part of a day this week making a small breakfast bar for the Little Brown Bungalow out of a worktop offcut. It is intended to be just suitable for eating breakfast, but also for charging, shopping-dumping, and anything else.

The dimensions are just over 1m wide, and about 325-350mm front to back - aimed to be just enough for bacon and eggs, a cup of coffee, and an iPad.

It started out at 400mm deep but the first attempt to cut the worktops at the 60 degree angle splintered the corners. The side-wings are attached as straight routered joints and normal worktop fixings underneath, and with a peg-leg from Screwfix. It just needs the end of the batten tidying up by a coat of paint. Perhaps next time I might make the ends of the batten a little shorter and more hidden.

I thought it might be useful to have a photo thread.

IMG_0424-s.thumb.jpg.63ab39b8dd8942267621862d74b72000.jpg

IMG_0427-s.jpg.d743e799c4b729c1a5fc454c5fce1631.jpg

IMG_0423-s.jpg.c0013deb57832c419312c6394f58a039.jpg

IMG_0426-s.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

Not related to the breakfast bar.

That standpipe in the washing machine or dishwasher space will almost certainly mean the appliance will not go back far enough and will stick out and look awkward.  Change that for a washing machine sink trap.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Not related to the breakfast bar.

That standpipe in the washing machine or dishwasher space will almost certainly mean the appliance will not go back far enough and will stick out and look awkward.  Change that for a washing machine sink trap.

Thanks for asking the question.

I believe we checked. Will recheck. Will also check what it does, since we replaced a lot of plumbing.

Edited by Ferdinand