The heating is on!

As you may know we finally got our water connected on Wednesday and our superstar heating installer was on site waiting to get it into the house along with the gas and power.

By 7.30 Wedensday evening they had brought the gas and water into the plant room plus a temp power supply and the boiler was fired up and UFH commissioned.  Happy to say all working well and now doing the gradual daily crank up.

This is UFH in the MBC slab so heart in mouth as no-one can be sure until it kicked into life. MBC laid the pipe for us we didnt use their pipe we used Robbens as they were supplying all our manifolds for UFH and the  MVHR system.

I’m now getting complaints from the various trades......this house is far too hot, need the windows open never mind its minus outside.......etc ..... LOL. I’m thrilled to bits with the tongue in cheek builders complaints ( they have toiled in very cold temps for me up to now), means we will have a very warm house to live in. May even come near my ambition of covering our heating costs from our OAP winter fuel allowance (yes we are old enough to qualify!).

Very happy, I’m going to pop a christmas tree up in there tomorrow so when my men come in on Monday it will be jolly and seasonal and warm. Might even leave them some mince pies under the tree.

• Like 3