Water at last

Finally today after an 18 month wait the water company have done the 5 metre trench to connect us to the mains. They wouldnt let us do it - although we had done the other 100 odd metres to their satisfaction they insisted on their contractors for the last stretch - and on a 3 day closing order for the private drive which is also a bridleway. We all told them (including their own contractors) it would take less than a day but they wouldnt budge. In the event the whole thing was done in less than 2 hours.

I am so happy to have mains water on site at long last feel like crying!

Hoping they might get the UFH and boiler connected up today or tomorrow so we can get some heat going.

• Like 4

Oh Liz,

Good news.

This will make such a difference.

It makes you feel that at last some positive progress is happening.

Ours was connected last week.

We have the electricity connection now too but are waiting for a meter to be fitted next Tuesday.

Shame all of our glazing has to be taken out & re-installed next week.

Of course, that, & the weather has put the complete kibosh of getting all of the external finishes completed.

To cheer ourselves up we have put up a Christmas tree in the new house.

Just now, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

Oh Liz,

Good news.

This will make such a difference.

It makes you feel that at last some positive progress is happening.

Ours was connected last week.

We have the electricity connection now too but are waiting for a meter to be fitted next Tuesday.

Shame all of our glazing has to be taken out & re-installed next week.

Of course, that, & the weather has put the complete kibosh of getting all of the external finishes completed.

To cheer ourselves up we have put up a Christmas tree in the new house.

Thanks Moira, feel wiped out now the stress of water is gone. We can now move on in so many ways.

Our cladding wont be done before Christmas but hey ho whats another month. Building has been up since July.

So sorry about your windows, thats just awful at this time of year. I hope they can sort it out for you.

Got a temp power supply into the house last night and filled the ufh and got the boiler on, left it running overnight at a low temp. Am waiting to hear how everything went, pressures etc.

Love your spirit with the Christmas tree in the new house,  might just copy that idea over the weekend cheer the workers up on Monday morning.

That's good news. We had a 6 month wait, which seemed long enough! I had done the trench and pipework and after a month of waiting for them backfilled it on the grounds of safety  - and when they came to "inspect" the pipework 6 months after I'd told them it was ready, my wife handed the guy a spade and said "help yourself" ?  . He then decided that our pipework was excellent and he didn't need to inspect it after all ?.

Edited by curlewhouse
  • Like 1