Resitrix

Pocster

Hey!

such as: https://www.rubber4roofs.co.uk/resitrix/

Anyone installed this on a  flat roof with skylights? (the bit I'm worrying about as the most likely point of a leak)

Spoke to one of the guys; was very helpful. I suggested installing it and then pouring water all over it to "test" it.

I really need to do this as my roof then has insulation and reinforced concrete on top; so it needs to be leak proof 100% before I cover it.

Any advice on this system (or something similar) appreciated!

Cheers

Slightly lost here ... you are putting the rubber on what ..?? 

Membrane should always go on last - or at least under a removable surface such as pavers - so it can be replaced. Are you suggesting you are sandwiching it ..??

We have a fully bonded single ply membrane roof with three passive standard sun pipes. We have an MBC insulated flat deck topped with our own bespoke curving trusses and marine ply. Membrane goes on top of that lot. We had the very long tube sunpipes because of the depth they had to travel down into the building through all the layers. We went for Fatra as our membrane (bro in law is an installer but he didnt do it for us). We chose Fatra over the other market leader Sarnafil for a number of reasons but both are equally as good with long warranties and bba certs. I would be slightly nervous of a product without a good back up and having seen it done would not advise a diy install.

Our gutters are formed up on the roof with the membrane so we have nothing visible on the building bar 2 downpipes coming out of our huge overhanging soffits.

Its not a cheap roof  final job cost was comparable with the metal products but less chance of coming home from holiday and finding your zinc stripped LOL

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Hey!

such as: https://www.rubber4roofs.co.uk/resitrix/

Anyone installed this on a  flat roof with skylights? (the bit I'm worrying about as the most likely point of a leak)

Spoke to one of the guys; was very helpful. I suggested installing it and then pouring water all over it to "test" it.

I really need to do this as my roof then has insulation and reinforced concrete on top; so it needs to be leak proof 100% before I cover it.

Any advice on this system (or something similar) appreciated!

Cheers

This rings a bell. Someone on here used it and I'm sure had issues. Nit sure what the actual cause was, likely workmanship rather than product. 

As per Peters point, if you are putting insulation in top then concrete, then rubber is not the product. We used Elotene DSN, which is self adhesive provided a primer is used. This is a bituminous vcl and totally waterproof. On top of that we have 150mm tissue faced PiR then the rubber membrane. 

If you have a concrete topping maybe a roll on (Alchimica) water proofing might be easier?

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Slightly lost here ... you are putting the rubber on what ..?? 

Membrane should always go on last - or at least under a removable surface such as pavers - so it can be replaced. Are you suggesting you are sandwiching it ..??

So I have my concrete ‘roof’

then need the waterproofing ( company suggested this product as it can take the loading )

then insulation 

then reinforced concrete 

then water ever for finished floor / roof 

cheers 

15 minutes ago, jamiehamy said:

This rings a bell. Someone on here used it and I'm sure had issues. Nit sure what the actual cause was, likely workmanship rather than product. 

Good memory - it was me. The product itself is fine, the people who installed mine were incompetent. 

As others have said, it's a finishing layer. They do a product specifically for going under green roofs, but I don't think that's what you're after either. 

4 minutes ago, jack said:

Good memory - it was me. The product itself is fine, the people who installed mine were incompetent. 

As others have said, it's a finishing layer. They do a product specifically for going under green roofs, but I don't think that's what you're after either. 

Hmmmmmm obviously not the right product for my needs . Though he did seem to know his stuff and suggested this over edpm ....

15 minutes ago, pocster said:

So I have my concrete ‘roof’

then need the waterproofing ( company suggested this product as it can take the loading )

then insulation 

then reinforced concrete 

then water ever for finished floor / roof 

cheers 

Why are you using concrete as a roof ..??? This sounds like some concrete insulation sandwich your mad architect has dreamt up and tbh it’s barking mad...!!!

Unless it’s structural, don’t use concrete ..! 

Have you got a section drawing ..??

11 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Why are you using concrete as a roof ..??? This sounds like some concrete insulation sandwich your mad architect has dreamt up and tbh it’s barking mad...!!!

Unless it’s structural, don’t use concrete ..! 

Have you got a section drawing ..??

Lol 

it is structural 

you can park on the ‘ roof’ the rest of the dwelling is below ground 

I take it he’s used to building car parks and offices with the random details he’s used on this ...??

You said skylights so not all of it can be parking..?? I would make the minimum possible as parking using concrete and the rest I would build up as a green roof type construction. 

5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

I take it he’s used to building car parks and offices with the random details he’s used on this ...??

You said skylights so not all of it can be parking..?? I would make the minimum possible as parking using concrete and the rest I would build up as a green roof type construction. 

Structurally it all is parking

the sky lights will be slightly raised and to the sides of the parking zone .

water proof concrete does sound simpler . But what ‘detailing ‘ is required ? Apart from the mix ....