Solar PV DNO Engineering Recommendation Code

MikeGrahamT21

Hi,

We have a 16 panel system equating to 4kW, which I had always assumed was limited by the G83 recommendation, as we have no special permissions with the DNO, however when I've been fiddling around with my inverter settings (just figured out how to connect to it via bluetooth), I noticed that the current setting was on G59 however, and it presumably has been that way since the day it was installed.

Just to clarify, what should it actually be set to? Don't want to be burning out the local substation, though I assume if mine is like this, i bet hundreds of other installs are likely the same.

Regards

Mike

It should be set to G83,  but TBH, it probably doesn't make a jot of difference with a 16 panel system, as I doubt the peak output exceeds the 16 A per phase limit of G83 anyway, even with the inverter set to G59.  There's no practical difference between G83 and G59 in terms of how the inverter operates, or the safety provisions, and the chances are that the inverter may well be limiting the output to less than 16 A anyway, based on its rating.  I'd not worry about it, if it were me.

Edited by JSHarris
  • Thanks 1