Anyone used Livingwood windows

graeme m

Round two or is it three? Due to various hold ups more to do with us changing our minds than anything else we have yet to progress to building on our Passivhaus. We have decided to go all in for full certification (some may remember i was deliberating the point) this of course means windows, doors, balcony doors (now sliders as bi-fold just don't hit the targets unfortunately) and roof lights have to be very low U and airtight to silly degrees. The size of the house 110m2 on two floors doesn't help the calculations, especially with the completely open plan 1st floor living, kitchen, dining and outside area. Internorm are currently the top contenders however a late entry are Livingwood, who appear willing to do what ever it takes to make their windows fit the desired calculations and knock a fair pile of pound notes off the Internorm quote.

So the big question Living wood windows anyone?

Edited by graeme m

• 4 weeks later...

Graeme, we will be facing this choice too and visited Livingwood on the strong recommendation of our architect. Extremely helpful and will clearly make what you want. Internorm have a somewhat more limited range but are undoubtedly high quality and therefore V expensive.

18 hours ago, sloco said:

Graeme, we will be facing this choice too and visited Livingwood on the strong recommendation of our architect. Extremely helpful and will clearly make what you want. Internorm have a somewhat more limited range but are undoubtedly high quality and therefore V expensive.

I can't find much difference in price between the two and suspect LW will turn out more expensive when fitting is added on. There's a guy doing a selfbuild down the road using internorm and recommends them highly. I've been on the window roundabout for a year now, I've looked at everything and internorm is my choice although I am going fully passive certified. Good luck