Planning permission granted

willbish

Many posts on this forum detail planning difficulties and hurdles that I have read and was really expecting to navigate.

On Friday we were very fortunate to be granted full planning permission for the demolition and rebuild of our stone semi detached cottage.

I was expecting issues with the parking, allocating only two spaces for a 4 bed home falls short of local guidelines but this was somehow waved through

"Although on-site parking provision will fall below the standards set out in the North
Somerset Parking Standards SPD, the highway conditions in the area are such that there
will be no adverse impact on highway safety as a result of approving this proposal."

Pre-planning advise recommended amendments to improve character and appearance. Apart from getting to a professional to redraw the plans (my sketchup models didn't look the part) we didn't change anything significant. Somehow the roof terrace has been granted.

Finally the house has been designed to have a one bed self contained annexe attached which, again, I thought would meet opposition.

So, surprisingly we are now good to proceed on to the next stage with no prohibitive conditions.

Perhaps those planners wanted their desks cleared for Christmas!

All in all the planning process has been straight forward, I feel like one of the 'lucky ones' right now. I would recommend submitting plans that fit what you want from your property, rather than what you think the planners/neighbours want.

Edited by willbish
  • Like 1