Permitted development....

Pocster

Hey all

before my completed build is signed off as complete can I apply for permitted development?

basically I wish to add some velux windows ( not over looking anyone ) .

if I apply for an amendment it will be the usual nightmare ( took 2 years to sort the gates , I just had some made and installed about 1 yr before they even agreed ) .

if I just put them in then the lovely neighbors will contact enforcement ( which may not be an issue ! )

a permitted development in writing for lawfulness I have done before ( to avoid any future issues ) .

so can I apply for that before a build is complete ??

just trying to hedge my bets !!!

cheers 

Edited by pocster

AFAIK, something like this falls under the scope of your planing permission. Read  the NoD.  It will normally include a clause like:

The development shall not be carried out otherwise than in complete accordance with the approved plans Drawing Nos: ... received on the DD Mon YYYY, unless
a non-material amendment is approved by the Local Planning Authority under the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) Order 2010.

Reason : To clarify the permission and for the avoidance of doubt

Unless the Velux literally can't be seen by your neighbours, I suspect that the LA will treat this as a Minor-Material Amendment rather than a NMA.

I can't call this.

I think I might make sure they are easy to installed make sure the roof structure is exactly ready etc, then do it afterwards if I knew I would have PD rights.

The easy way to eat an elephant is one piece at a time.

But your circs may suggest otherwise.

PD doesn’t kick in until after sign off. What you can do is make your life easy, frame out all the openings and trial fit the Velux and then put temporary battens etc over the hole. Plug and fill from the inside for your air test and then as soon as you get sign off you fit them under PD. 

This is also assumes you haven’t had PD removed as a planning condition ..! 

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

PD doesn’t kick in until after sign off. What you can do is make your life easy, frame out all the openings and trial fit the Velux and then put temporary battens etc over the hole. Plug and fill from the inside for your air test and then as soon as you get sign off you fit them under PD. 

This is also assumes you haven’t had PD removed as a planning condition ..! 

Pd removed ! . Erk it’s possible as this was a contentious application. I’d better dig through all the paperwork....