Decrement Delay

bissoejosh

• 6 months later...

I'm still unable to make the calculator work for some reason having tried again, the drop down boxes aren't available for selection and a message claiming protected cells cannot be modified stops me in my tracks. 

Would someone with a spare 2 minutes who can use it mind doing a calculation comparing the following wall build ups?

20mm Larch cladding

100mm cavity

11mm OSB

300mm Warmcell vs  3 x 100mm Rockwool flexi Batts (0.038)

11mm OSB

38mm Cavity

12mm PB & SKIM

I'd like to know the difference replacing the Warmcell with Rockwool would make in terms of house comfort but can find no other calculator online to try.

Many thanks

Edited by bissoejosh

15 minutes ago, bissoejosh said:

I'm still unable to make the calculator work for some reason having tried again, the drop down boxes aren't available for selection and a message claiming protected cells cannot be modified stops me in my tracks. 

Would someone with a spare 2 minutes who can use it mind doing a calculation comparing the following wall build ups?

20mm Larch cladding

100mm cavity

11mm OSB

300mm Warmcell vs  3 x 100mm Rockwool flexi Batts (0.038)

11mm OSB

38mm Cavity

12mm PB & SKIM

I'd like to know the difference replacing the Warmcell with Rockwool would make in terms of house comfort but can find no other calculator online to try.

Many thanks

Whats the U/R value of Warmcell..?

I think you are asking the wrong question really.

But after a quick look on the internet, both Warmcell and Rockwool CAN have the same R-Value and Density.

So that means they can have the same thermal properties, the airtightness may vary. That should have been taken car off anyway by your basic construction method.