MvHr in cottage refurbishment

Can someone point me in the direction of the flexible steel pipe that goes between the mvhr unit and the manifold ?

@joe90 i like the idea using  the distribution manifold  as the silencer as it  saves space...

but would be concerned about using it on the return because of all the damp air etc.

How do people design silencers that dont become saturated or have i missed something...... 

51 minutes ago, Cpd said:

How do people design silencers that dont become saturated or have i missed something...... 

The reality is that there is enough air flow 24/7 to dry any residual moisture out from ducts etc, especially as they are only exposed to moist air for a relatively short part of the day.  My home made silencers are lined with ordinary "eggbox" type acoustic foam, and they show no signs of ever having been damp.

2 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

The reality is that there is enough air flow 24/7 to dry any residual moisture out from ducts etc, especially as they are only exposed to moist air for a relatively short part of the day.  My home made silencers are lined with ordinary "eggbox" type acoustic foam, and they show no signs of ever having been damp.

Ok that makes sense thanks. 

12 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

+1, no sign of any moisture in the extract ducts, distribution box or extract filter in the MVHR unit.